OT: Pete Rose | The Boneyard

OT: Pete Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will be inducted into the Reds hall of fame and have his number 14 retired. I think he`ll get into the big hall but only after he passes away. Id put money on it. No pun intended:D

Reaction Score
By your pun you should know he will not get in the big hall. He broke the biggest commandment in baseball. He also signed a lifetime ban when presented with the facts of the investigation by Giamatti, who dies and Pete goes on a tour to get reinstated. Nobody is buying it. He even stated that he stills gambles.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
By the numbers he certainly belongs in the HOF. However, he's an ass, unrepentant after all these years, and as Will pointed out, be broke the biggest rule in MLB, and to add fuel to the fire, states he still gambles. The guy's a clown.

Once he's dead, I actually would support inducting him, but I'm not sure that will ever happen either. Uncharted water with Rose...

Reaction Score
Agree with you both. The guys an ass! That being said i still think he does get in after he passes. Long after.

Reaction Score
Shoeless Joe should be in. I believe he wasnt involved in the scandle.

Belief is he knew about it but didn't participate. His numbers in that series support that train of thought. I believe he should be in. I believe Pete should always need to buy a ticket. There is evidence he bet on Reds games. No one can convince me he didn't beat against his own team. Even if he didn't, he break a major rule.

Reaction Score
I believe Pete should always need to buy a ticket. There is evidence he bet on Reds games. No one can convince me he didn't beat against his own team. Even if he didn't, he break a major rule.

Ive got no problem with anyone who doesnt want him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom