OT - Perry Ellis | The Boneyard

OT - Perry Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Before our game I didn't realize how good he was. Why didn't they play him more along side Danny Manning in his freshman year?

They probably could've hung some more banners. :)
That was good but as we all know he was developing his fashion line back then. I've watched a lot of Kansas games and I've never not seen him play well, pretty remarkable to have that kind of consistency over his 15 year career.

Reaction Score
Yeah he's a LOT better than I thought he was. Gotta give the guy his credits.

Reaction Score
No I'm hearing he's going to graduate and wants to try another school for 5-6 years before declaring. Hope the Huskies are on the list, he may be gray by then but his experience will be well worth it.

Phog Allen said that Larry, Roy and Bill would all love this kid.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Everyone raves about Ben Simmons who is going pro. I have not seen many Kansas games this year, but Ellis is a great player. Kansas down 8, Ellis gets back on the court and the game is tied in a minute. It is funny, looks like a man among boys Another player the name escapes me for Colorado? I thought I saw him in McDonalds getting a free coffee.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's a very good player. As I said before, the whole team just has a sense of composure, and I think it flows from him. On a side note, UConn ended up with a closer score than Maryland and managed to win a half.

Reaction Score
I think Ellis is/will be the difference in this tournament. Nobody's going to stop him. While there are still some very good teams left, I got Kansas winning it all, and because of Ellis I don't think their margin of victory will be less than ten points the rest of the way.

(It's also kind of a small consolation to see Maryland lose to them by 16 while Uconn only lost by 12.)

Reaction Score
He's a very good player. As I said before, the whole team just has a sense of composure, and I think it flows from him. On a side note, UConn ended up with a closer score than Maryland and managed to win a half.

Not the whole team, Mason will kill them eventually he gets out of control. As much as I don't like Nova they are going to give them trouble and him in particular. They can cut the head off the dragon on D, if they continue to shoot well I'm afraid you may see Jay get to Texas.

As far as winning a half, that same KU team were "mason's" early in this one unlike vs the Huskies. Maryland is a weird team, lots of players who aren't as good as they should be. Carter couldn't score the ball and Stone was in foul trouble. Trimble, well he's all or nothing quite often. Would've loved another shot at them.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I'm going to make a counter argument and say that his game doesn't translate to the NBA. Maybe I'm crazy we can come back to this post in a few years.

Reaction Score
I'm going to make a counter argument and say that his game doesn't translate to the NBA. Maybe I'm crazy we can come back to this post in a few years.
He's not going to be a star but he will be on a roster and get minutes. For how long I'm not sure bc he's already what maybe 34. I just love his game. If you need a bucket he'll get you one. I love that upperclassmen were the best players this year. Him, Hield, Valetine, Brimah

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not the whole team, Mason will kill them eventually he gets out of control. As much as I don't like Nova they are going to give them trouble and him in particular. They can cut the head off the dragon on D, if they continue to shoot well I'm afraid you may see Jay get to Texas.

As far as winning a half, that same KU team were "mason's" early in this one unlike vs the Huskies. Maryland is a weird team, lots of players who aren't as good as they should be. Carter couldn't score the ball and Stone was in foul trouble. Trimble, well he's all or nothing quite often. Would've loved another shot at them.

Villanova and KU have been the two most impressive teams thus far. That is going to be a hell of a game. So is Oregon vs OU. For all the upsets, we've got just 1s and 2s on the left side. Ri

Reaction Score
The "Perry Ellis is old" jokes never really made sense, but now it feels like they're older than Perry Ellis. But he's 22, which is pretty standard age for a senior, and never redshirted or anything, so it's not like his career has been unusually long.

Reaction Score
Ellis was really impressive last night, scored in a variety of ways and was both tough and creative in shot-making under the basket. Stone got a bad whistle, but overall was no match for Kansas' front line and definitely needs another year (doubtful) before he's ready to contribute meaningfully in the NBA. Big men dominating in the NCAAs are rare and for that reason I'm with those that think Kansas has solidified as favorite to cut down the nets.

Ellis on the next level is a question mark. He's not big enough to dominate, but he can shoot from anywhere and he's creative. Could be a rich man's Sullinger if he works hard and stops aging in dog years. I think a good pick after the potential starts/top 1-6.

Reaction Score
The "Perry Ellis is old" jokes never really made sense, but now it feels like they're older than Perry Ellis. But he's 22, which is pretty standard age for a senior, and never redshirted or anything, so it's not like his career has been unusually long.
What?! He's a rare 'known' player that's a senior and he's got male pattern baldness at a very young age. Would you prefer steroid innuendo to the old jokes?

Reaction Score

nobody presented that argument. theres a reason he stayed four years

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

It's because he looks like he's 40.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What?! He's a rare 'known' player that's a senior and he's got male pattern baldness at a very young age. Would you prefer steroid innuendo to the old jokes?

haha right. it doesnt make sense to make old jokes about a four year contributing senior who looks 35??

edit-^^or 40

Reaction Score
It's because he look like he's 40.

It actually started because he's been a regular on a national-brand program for four years, with the consensus being that people were surprised that Perry Ellis hadn't graduated yet. Similar to when Shabazz was a senior. But I feel like that seems weird, since there are lots of seniors playing. We have two graduates on our team. Those guys are old.

Reaction Score
Of all the Roy Williams' impressive recruits, Perry Ellis is his numero uno!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It actually started because he's been a regular on a national-brand program for four years, with the consensus being that people were surprised that Perry Ellis hadn't graduated yet. Similar to when Shabazz was a senior. But I feel like that seems weird, since there are lots of seniors playing. We have two graduates on our team. Those guys are old.

Yeah, that happens with every big-name player that's on the scene for 4 years, but it seems like it's happening more with Ellis, and I would assume it's because he looks old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom