OT Penn State is Still Cancer | The Boneyard

OT Penn State is Still Cancer

Reaction Score
PSU trustee: Losing sympathy for abuse victims

"Running out of sympathy for 35 yr old, so-called victims with 7 digit net worth," Lord said. "Do not understand why they were so prominent in trial. As you learned, Graham Spanier never knew Sandusky abused anyone."
Unrepentant scumbag begrudges molestation victims the money they get for being raped as kids. I'm sure they would rather have had their innocence and mental health back over the money this guy obviously worships. He needs his teeth knocked down his throat. What a friggin disgrace.

Reaction Score
Unrepentant scumbag begrudges molestation victims the money they get for being raped as kids. I'm sure they would rather have had their innocence and mental health back over the money this guy obviously worships. He needs his teeth knocked down his throat. What a friggin disgrace.
Watch "And what is with these so-called 'settlements'? We should be entitled to pay by the thrust, congruent with suffering inflicted. And what evidence do you have to determine that?"

Reaction Score
bunch of weirdo cult members. that's how I think of the whole school and its students/staff. as a cult, with happy valley as their compound and the corpse of joe paterno as their departed leader

and I realize that's not fair, that many Penn State people are perfectly sane and rightfully disgusted with the whole thing. but there's more than enough bad apples to spoil the bunch

Reaction Score
Waiting for @upstater to defend this filth.

Why would I defend you?

FYI, there are actual threads here early in the investigation in which I blamed Paterno for not making sure there was a police investigation and I actually said PSU should get the death penalty.

Yet people like you continue with nonsense.

I can call up the threads.

Reaction Score
bunch of weirdo cult members. that's how I think of the whole school and its students/staff. as a cult, with happy valley as their compound and the corpse of joe paterno as their departed leader

and I realize that's not fair, that many Penn State people are perfectly sane and rightfully disgusted with the whole thing. but there's more than enough bad apples to spoil the bunch

So I'm out in San Diego now as some of you may (or likely don't care to) know. My girl has made a good friend at work and so I've met her, hung out at a brewery a few times with her and her guy. Super friendly, doesn't seem stupid, at his core a decent guy; but last time we hung out as a group Penn State somehow came up (might have been related to the trivia night we were at) and, in public, this dude started to go in to the whole "Paterno did nothing wrong, he did everything he had to in accordance with the rules, blah blah..." and I was quiet for a minute and then started to gently ask "...do you really think that what he did was at all defensible, that he sat by and kept that monster on his staff while he knew what was happening..." and then he actually goes "You're right, you're right, I'm sorry, I shouldn't blah blah..."

I think they all know at their god did some extremely deplorable things and really just put up a token defense/downplay like that that they will allow to crumble if someone actually pushes the issue, like many in the UConn world would if it turned out JC was a scumbag on Paterno's level. Turns out they do have some clue as to how awful it was to allow a known child rapist a la carte access to dozens of victims. But yeah, it's disturbing enough that they'll even do that in the first place. I was fairly dumbfound when we left.

Reaction Score
Actually, Paterno did force JS off his staff. Prior to his arrest years later that was the worst thing to happen to JS.

The whole state knew about JS and the police were investigating him back in 1998 or earlier. There were a lot of people at every level who enabled JS by not doing enough. To a large extent the Trustees served up Paterno as the scape goat to protect themselves. There is no way that many of those trustees did not know about JS. The bigger story is how many people at different campus knew what JS was doing and said and did nothing.

It's like Nazi Germany propaganda machine. This idiot that made those comments actually has supporters and he is running for a seat on the BOT!

Reaction Score
Actually, Paterno did force JS off his staff. Prior to his arrest years later that was the worst thing to happen to JS.

Paterno didn't actually force him off the staff because of anything Sandusky did.

The Sandusky retirement papers were dated before the 1999 thing occurred (Paterno was never told about that; it was the State College police that conducted the sting operation in the home of the mother of the victim). So while you're right overall, that Sandusky wasn't on the staff while Paterno had knowledge, Paterno did allow Sandusky to use the locker room after 2002, he didn't make sure that in 2002 after what McQueary told him that everything was done to insure Sandusky never used the football facilities again.

Reaction Score
PSU trustee: Losing sympathy for abuse victims. "Running out of sympathy for 35 yr old, so-called victims with 7 digit net worth," Lord said. "Do not understand why they were so prominent in trial. As you learned, Graham Spanier never knew Sandusky abused anyone."
Holy smokes, the Penn State Board of Trustees' member recently made the cited statement! How could any reasonably rational, intelligent, and informed adult question why Sandusky's child sexual abuse victims were "... so prominent in trial" let alone ever express a lack of sympathy? Most Penn State students, alumni, fans, faculty members, administrators, and BoT members cannot share Lord's wacked opinions and perspectives, but perhaps a few too many of each remain woefully in denial of Sandusky's twisted abuses and cover us by Paterno, other coaches, and administrators. Sad, tragically sad plight for Penn State and the victims and anyone who cares. Not Lord!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Didn't UConn just find a similar guy also year?

As I said from the beginning, PSU is a very large institution and it is one thing to suspect someone of a crime like this and entirely another to accuse them of it. If the whole town knew doesn't that problem go way above the university?

It seems pretty clear that the administration violated the Cleary Act and thus the BOT is liable to pay out damages. It is also OK for the BOT to be angry at the actual numbers, just not that angry.

I keep flipping on Paterno, what he really knew, and what his responsibilities were after reporting the latest incident. Law enforcement wouldn't want him to do anything as he wasn't a direct witness. If he did know that the administration was slow waking the thing, or that he directed it, then that speaks for itself.

As it stands, I have to rely on what the DA said in the case regardless of what the internet warriors think.

To me the most culpable guys are the president and his assistant in charge of campus police. Also in that boat are the state and local police along with the DA's from the earlier complaint but we don't know their names so we forget about them.

Reaction Score
Didn't UConn just find a similar guy also year?

As I said from the beginning, PSU is a very large institution and it is one thing to suspect someone of a crime like this and entirely another to accuse them of it. If the whole town knew doesn't that problem go way above the university?

It seems pretty clear that the administration violated the Cleary Act and thus the BOT is liable to pay out damages. It is also OK for the BOT to be angry at the actual numbers, just not that angry.

I keep flipping on Paterno, what he really knew, and what his responsibilities were after reporting the latest incident. Law enforcement wouldn't want him to do anything as he wasn't a direct witness. If he did know that the administration was slow waking the thing, or that he directed it, then that speaks for itself.

As it stands, I have to rely on what the DA said in the case regardless of what the internet warriors think.

To me the most culpable guys are the president and his assistant in charge of campus police. Also in that boat are the state and local police along with the DA's from the earlier complaint but we don't know their names so we forget about them.

Presidents are inured from all of this. By design, they prevent minions from telling them the details and specifics.

The key is Paterno's meeting with McQueary. Even though McQueary didn't explicitly tell Paterno what he saw, by Paterno's own admission he understood what it was about because of how distraught McQueary was. In other words, Paterno--being a big man on that campus--needed to follow up through the UP campus police to make sure that the case was forwarded to other authorities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom