OT: Pastner AAC Coach of the Year | The Boneyard

OT: Pastner AAC Coach of the Year

Reaction Score

Projected 14th and finished 11th. Beat Notre Dame, FSU and UNC.

Reaction Score
Not sure what this says about the ACC :confused:

Can you improve like that as a coach because he was honestly dreadful at Memphis, almost clueless.

Reaction Score

Can you improve like that as a coach because he was honestly dreadful at Memphis, almost clueless.

He's great at Xs and Os.

Those placards with the funny symbols inspire players to play better.
Watch me inspire some of the threads on the Boneyard: :pHead bang:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Who else was there? Duke has been a disappointment. Carolina, and Virginia were expected to be good, and haven't overachieved or done anything to knock your socks off. Pitt is in turmoil, and Cuse is only slightly better off. No other scrub team has risen up the ranks.

Reaction Score
The ACC is terrible. Anybody care to hazard a guess at what our conference record would be in that league?

Reaction Score

I thought so too and I am starting to wonder if I was wrong. Not only has he greatly exceeded expectations at Tech, but Memphis continues to flounder under Smith where I thought they'd at least be an NIT team this year. I'm thinking it was the players he was recruiting and not the coaching.

The lesson, really, though, should be to not overreact to one or two teams that look poorly coached. Sometimes it is the players and not the coach.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
That's almost the same as getting a participation trophy. (yawn)

Reaction Score
The guy who coached his team to an 11th place finish got Coach of the Year? Are the coaches in the ACC that bad?

From the title of this post, before I opened it, I was thinking that some how the AAC had no good choices for the award so they gave it to Pastner for leaving the conference.

Reaction Score
Everybody beat up on everybody.

Probably would have given it to Pitino or Leonard Hamilton.

Reaction Score
Yes, thats exactly what i meant.
Not a fan of Pastner at all, but I'm not sure that's a fair comparison.

Pastner is absurdly upbeat, but I think he's just a naively positive guy. I don't think he's completely divorced from reality like crazy Bob, though.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of Pastner at all, but I'm not sure that's a fair comparison.

Pastner is absurdly upbeat, but I think he's just a naively positive guy. I don't think he's completely divorced from reality like crazy Bob, though.

Well I did use he word a little bit so I'm not exactly comparing him to Diaco.

Reaction Score
The ACC is terrible. Anybody care to hazard a guess at what our conference record would be in that league?
Honestly? depends on the teams Uconn would have to play twice. But probably 5-13. Uconn would beat BC twice, maybe NC State once, Pitt once, another close loss for Clemson (at least one win). Maybe they could get to 6 by playing some of those teams a second time or beating gtech, which could happen. No better than 6-12 IMHO.

Reaction Score
Honestly? depends on the teams Uconn would have to play twice. But probably 5-13. Uconn would beat BC twice, maybe NC State once, Pitt once, another close loss for Clemson (at least one win). Maybe they could get to 6 by playing some of those teams a second time or beating gtech, which could happen. No better than 6-12 IMHO.

7-11.

At least a split with Syracuse. At the very least.

Reaction Score
If they get to play the bottom 4 or 5 teams plus cuse twice, yah, 7'-11 max but I think it could be as bad as 5-13 if the schedule is top heavy. They would likely play cuse, bc and duke twice most years probably vtech and pitt too (one can dream of the acc one day). They beat cuse at least once and BC twice, that much if for sure. Outside that, who knows...but tally a few more wins just the same.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
When you look at the teams and what they did vs expectations - not many guys jump out - who else are you going to give it to?
My choice would be Danny M at Wake Forest who I thought should have received it last year
Most preseason polls has Wake finishing below G Tech but ended up a spot ahead in final standings

Reaction Score
If they get to play the bottom 4 or 5 teams plus cuse twice, yah, 7'-11 max but I think it could be as bad as 5-13 if the schedule is top heavy. They would likely play cuse, bc and duke twice most years probably vtech and pitt too (one can dream of the acc one day). They beat cuse at least once and BC twice, that much if for sure. Outside that, who knows...but tally a few more wins just the same.

Oh, I know, I was just saying that Cuse wasn't listed as among one of the teams UConn would beat, that's all.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
After reading your topic heading "AAC" coach of year (clearly a typo) I thought our conference was so bad this year they gave the award to the guy who left.
LMAO!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom