OT: Par 3 Golf Tourney | The Boneyard

OT: Par 3 Golf Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Trying out something new today.

Golf course pros are under a ton of pressure to gin up revenue nowadays. I'm playing in a new format I haven't played before.

Every hole is a Par 3. They're putting markers in the fairways of all the Par 4's and 5's.

If done right, should be fun.

Reaction Score
Sounds like fun - enjoy it.

We have 8-12 guys a year that head to Portland West GC in CT and play the executive course which is 14 par 3's and 4 par 4's for some cash and it's a blast. "Greenies" are there for the taking with carry overs and are at a max payout level so you better not get shut out! LOL

Reaction Score
Trying out something new today.

Golf course pros are under a ton of pressure to gin up revenue nowadays. I'm playing in a new format I haven't played before.

Every hole is a Par 3. They're putting markers in the fairways of all the Par 4's and 5's.

If done right, should be fun.
Can be a long walk between greens and tees. Bring extra refreshments.

Reaction Score
I wish their was a par 3 course around here.
My course is 7300 yde from the tips
with five tee box options
Black 6800
White 6300
Red. 5800
Green 5400
Us old guys play a hybrid course alternating white /red
making some of the long par 4's reachable.its about 6000 yds
It's wide open ,but the greens are quick, and there are about 12o sand traps.
We also have an island green.
With my older grandsons I use to play the executive courses in Milford and Watertown they were great for kids.
With my six year old I have to set up a special course ,
Since his max Drive is 80 yard. I have him tee the ball ,
About 70 yards from the green on par threes
140 on par 4's
210 on par 5's
Then we use the regular score card
He would especially love the Milford course.
I took him to Top Golf last week he loved it.
It's a driving range on Steroids.
Google it.

Reaction Score
I wish their was a par 3 course around here.
My course is 7300 yde from the tips
with five tee box options
Black 6800
White 6300
Red. 5800
Green 5400
Us old guys play a hybrid course alternating white /red
making some of the long par 4's reachable.its about 6000 yds
It's wide open ,but the greens are quick, and there are about 12o sand traps.
We also have an island green.
With my older grandsons I use to play the executive courses in Milford and Watertown they were great for kids.
With my six year old I have to set up a special course ,
Since his max Drive is 80 yard. I have him tee the ball ,
About 70 yards from the green on par threes
140 on par 4's
210 on par 5's
Then we use the regular score card
He would especially love the Milford course.
I took him to Top Golf last week he loved it.
It's a driving range on Steroids.
Google it.
You have grandsons and a six yr old?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

He was comparing the ages of the grandchildren.

But no sympathy here - his golf
courses are open and we are going to end up with 15 inches of snow in 4 days.

Reaction Score
I have grandsons 23,21,6,and 2 months
The first two live in Ct
One graduated from College in 2014
The second one will graduate this year ,
The six year, almost seven year old ,is AZHuskiePup whose is a brilliant first grader

The baby is AZHuskiePup II. He has just discovered his feet.
The are the sons of AZHuskie ,who introduced me to this board back in the late nineties.
As for having another child it would happen if I were visited by three Angels who told me henceforth my name will be ???????.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Here's the wrap-up. Good idea overall but room for improvement. Where I'm at on the gulf coast of Florida the wind this time of year is predominately out of the north. So, they had the four longest holes all playing straight in to the wind. A 220 par-3 in to a 3 club wind isn't much fun. The other holes were all in the 175-190 yard range which means very long iron, hybrid or fairway wood. I would have done it so the holes that play in to the wind were the 100-120 yard holes and the downwind or protected holes were the long ones. They did try to do some fun stuff such as using the 10th tee box to hit on the 11th green type stuff. Good idea except most greens aren't set up to accept 100 yd shots from the side.

Overall a good time. There were some studs on the course. Each hole had a closest to the pin prize and four or five of the holes had the marker inside of a foot.

Reaction Score
If that doesn't work out, I understand the mini course at Ocean Beach Park in NL is next.

Reaction Score
Here's the wrap-up. Good idea overall but room for improvement. Where I'm at on the gulf coast of Florida the wind this time of year is predominately out of the north. So, they had the four longest holes all playing straight in to the wind. A 220 par-3 in to a 3 club wind isn't much fun. The other holes were all in the 175-190 yard range which means very long iron, hybrid or fairway wood. I would have done it so the holes that play in to the wind were the 100-120 yard holes and the downwind or protected holes were the long ones. They did try to do some fun stuff such as using the 10th tee box to hit on the 11th green type stuff. Good idea except most greens aren't set up to accept 100 yd shots from the side.

Overall a good time. There were some studs on the course. Each hole had a closest to the pin prize and four or five of the holes had the marker inside of a foot.

You know what screw you, hope it sucked Chin. We got 6 yesterday and expect 18-36 tomorrow to Wednesday. I won't be able to find a golf course for 2 months at least now! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom