OT- #PacMarquez4 should be #PacMayweather4 | The Boneyard

OT- #PacMarquez4 should be #PacMayweather4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a big fan of boxing, but I've been against this fight since it was announced. I know a lot of posters on here are big UFC fans, but that's never been my thing. I'm in my 30's and grew up watching videos my dad gave me of welterweight fights in the 70's and 80's. Those were real wars of attrition that you don't see in the UFC game. If an unknown fighter was able to "go the distance" it was a real Rocky Balboa moment. It's hard to believe those fights were televised for free.

I've watched two of the Pac-Marquez fights, and they were pretty awesome. But let's be honest, these guys are old and this is not a fight people should be paying $60 to watch. Promoters like Bob Arum are preventing us from seeing the match-ups we all want, and milking every last cent. Someone needs to tell Bobby boy that he could be cashing in on #PacMayweather's 3rd or 4th fight right now. It's suppossed to be all about money, but if you consider the amount of coin these guys have left on the table it is not smart business.

Boxing is doing their best to mimic the conference realignment model, and destroy the games we love. I'm finally at peace with the ACC taking a commuter school ranked #170 over us. It's clear a bunch of dumb**ses are making decisions. I was only half joking when I said @huskyfandan should be our AD. At least he has passion.

Reaction Score
Boxing isn't what it used to be. Hearns/Ray twice, Ray/Duran twice, Ray/Haglar, Hearns/Haglar I could go on and on. I remember going to the Hartford Civic cenfer to watch closed circuit pay for view. Marlon Starling used to ball with us in the Field House. Saw him get knock out by a Korean after the bell then went to the after party. Can't forget Larry Merchant interviewing him and he not knowing what @ck happen. Storrs was whole different place then. If this wasn't a public forum I tell you what happen from 84 - 88

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this is very cool. i never knew if u wrote @"username" from this site in a post, it sends the user mentioned a alert saying u have been mentioned in this post. thats good stuff, how come i never knew about this? did everyone else know about it?

lets give it another try with who is a part of this thread already
@uchusky32
@huskiesnyc

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm curious so I'll send you one @HuskyfanDan!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'm curious so I'll send you one @HuskyfanDan!

got it @fleudslipcon

haha this is great. did no one here know this at all and this is how we came up with it?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Do me a favor @HuskyfanDan and don't reply to me when you send me the @ message.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
done @fleudslipcon

does it not work if quoted becuse u are alerted by quote?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Boxing isn't what it used to be. Hearns/Ray twice, Ray/Duran twice, Ray/Haglar, Hearns/Haglar I could go on and on. I remember going to the Hartford Civic cenfer to watch closed circuit pay for view. Marlon Starling used to ball with us in the Field House. Saw him get knock out by a Korean after the bell then went to the after party. Can't forget Larry Merchant interviewing him and he not knowing what @ck happen. Storrs was whole different place then. If this wasn't a public forum I tell you what happen from 84 - 88

Absolutely agree. As someone who has a similar timeline I had rooting interests in many of the best from 1980-2010.

Both my parents grew up in Easton, Pa., home of the Easton Assasin Larry Holmes. He had a devastating jab and got hosed in his fight against Michael Spinks just so he couldn't beat Marciano's unbeaten record. I remember driving by his mansion in Easton where he had a boxing glove shaped pool in the early 80's. That was cooler than life itself for a youngin'.

Also enjoyed growing and watching Moochie do his thing. When he fought at the Civic Center the place was electric.

I lived in Virginia Beach when Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker was dominant.

And I lived Pensacola, Fl from 1999-2002 and 2006-present for Roy Jones Jr., the best pound for pound fighter ever. No kidding Roy would be playing pick up basketball and sitting at the water fountain at the mall signing autographs and taking pics for free two days before major fights. The dude played an USBL basketball game in Jacksonville, Fl the same day he defeneded his belts. He could go multiple rounds without being hit.

And now I don't even care about boxing. I watched the replay of Pacquiao/Marquez 3 today on HBO and I was completely underwhelmed.

I'll take Jon Jones, Anderson Silva , GSP over any boxing match nowadays. Watching boxing compared to MMA is like watching T-ball compared to MLB. Boxers are a dying breed who have only one skill. They're phenomenally tuned in for that skill and can beat the hell out of people, but they're so restricted in terms of athleticism, strength and agility compared to elite MMA fighters.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Great little thing to know @HuskyfanDan.

You have an incredible ability to write a stream of conscious post. I think you ought to write a Dogmania length post inserting every major poster from the conference realignment forum with this @poster trick through out the post. Heck use the @woman's bb forum and make them click there to try to figure this out! If you do something like this make sure I'm included.

Reaction Score
this is very cool. i never knew if u wrote @"username" from this site in a post, it sends the user mentioned a alert saying u have been mentioned in this post. thats good stuff, how come i never knew about this? did everyone else know about it?

lets give it another try with who is a part of this thread already
@uchusky32
@huskiesnyc

Nope. Nothing. Must have different settings

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Nope. Nothing. Must have different settings

it must be a setting on how u have alerts set up. do u have them turned off or something?

Reaction Score
I love it

2h56z6c.gif

Reaction Score
I take back what I said. I spent the $60 and it was money well spent. Wow.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Lets see if I can get Manny Pacquiao.

@KnockedTheEverLovingHellOut

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that was a good fight watched some of the shows on HBO leading in........don't really watch boxing at all any more after being brought up in the Clay/Ali days with dad and watching the sport for many years after.........

I especially took a liking to watching the "brawls" in which Greg Haugen was involved back in the late 80's early 90's..........always toe-to-toe with Camacho, Pazienza, Mancini and many others!!

Reaction Score
"I watched the replay of Pacquiao/Marquez 3 today on HBO and I was completely underwhelmed.":confused:

I'll take Jon Jones, Anderson Silva , GSP over any boxing match nowadays. Watching boxing compared to MMA is like watching T-ball compared to MLB. Boxers are a dying breed who have only one skill. They're phenomenally tuned in for that skill and can beat the hell out of people, but they're so restricted in terms of athleticism, strength and agility compared to elite MMA fighters"

Wow! i really wish people that know nothing about boxing would stop posting about it.

Reaction Score
I've given MMA a million chances but I'm done watching it, it's incredibly boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom