OT/OT ~ SMU floats $4M annually/8-year offer to former Texas coach Mack Brown | The Boneyard

OT/OT ~ SMU floats $4M annually/8-year offer to former Texas coach Mack Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't see how they can afford $4mil per.

Hudspeth, Lembo, Herman. I was big on Herman last year. I'd think that would be the candidate pool they should laser in on. The Chad Morris/Kirby Smart type just aren't leaving their 7 figure gigs for a non P5 job.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Smart. Very smart for them.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

I know that there are stipulations on these things, but SMU has almost a 1.3 billion dollar endowment. And even if they can't spend a penny on athletics, they certainly seem to have the boosters available for such an occasion...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If the boosters are paying the coach, then who is paying the players?

47cac6a1d12035c0b63f37ffaa7572e55f4e5f5e4f710abce37eaec02b9feae5.jpg

Reaction Score
this indicates smu will be leaving aac soon

foosball is the only place where big $ is

this 4x8=32mil package is nothing if the new coach can get them to p5 and fill their stadia

huskies should learn from dem mustangs; more power to them and i hope they compete with utex's approx 109mil per yr foosball revenue as smu knows you must hire a real coach; not an intern

i guess big boy confs have a thing for serious playas who pony up

Reaction Score
He has the connections and ground game to put together a great program by stealing Texas talent. big money will follow into the program.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Hudspeth, Lembo, Herman. I was big on Herman last year. I'd think that would be the candidate pool they should laser in on. The Chad Morris/Kirby Smart type just aren't leaving their 7 figure gigs for a non P5 job.
One thing SMU will never need to worry about is how can they afford a football coach. Their endowment towers over ours and even after eliminating many (overzealous) boosters from the equation there are still many affluent and generous SMU aluni willing to assist in securing whatever the football program needs (I believe June Jones was lured from Hawaii entire on the tab of SMU boosters).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

There's a ton of money floating around in Texas right now. As someone else noted SMU's endowment is $1B+. An engaged booster club can easily cover 3/4 of that cost.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
June Jones was a burned out coach who, in his prime, was considered an offensive genius and one of the top QB developers in history. Mack Brown may also be burned out, and in his prime, he was known for underachieving teams and squandering talent. Why would SMU hire Brown?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
June Jones was a burned out coach who, in his prime, was considered an offensive genius and one of the top QB developers in history. Mack Brown may also be burned out, and in his prime, he was known for underachieving teams and squandering talent. Why would SMU hire Brown?

Seriously? They would have two legends named Brown. Get it? Me neither. But they would have Larry Brown and Mack Brown.

If you combine Brown&Brown with the school's red/white/blue scheme, there's gotta be something good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom