7) Carolina Hurricanes
8) Venus Williams
9) Tiger Woods in the Majors
10) Miami Marlins
11) Alyson Felix

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I know this is going to seem all over the map.. but hopefully I've explained myself well. I have a reason for my fandom being all over the map.

1. Gamecock Athletics (my alma mater, my mothers alma mater, in order of preference)
- Gamecock Football
- Gamecock Women's Basketball
- Gamecock Baseball
- Gamecock Men's Basketball
2. Los Angeles Sports (half of my family (dad's side) is from the West Coast, spent summers in Cali growing up)
- Lakers
- Dodgers
3. Washington Redskins (my place of birth, I'll always feel connected to DC sports because of that)
4. UCLA Bruin Athletics (my father's alma mater)
- Bruin Men's Basketball
- Bruin Football
5. Arsenal FC (I remember freshman year in college everybody was on the ManU bandwagon and I didn't wanna follow the bandwagon.. at the time I was "dating" a foreign student from London that was an Arsenal fan, so I started watching more UEFA football, all of the big leagues mostly. I thought Chelsea was too pretentious for my personality so I decided to become an Arsenal fan).
6. Washington Nationals (hometown connection)
7. Miami Hurricanes Football (I'm a child of the 90's and they were all the rage in college football back then, kinda like how everybody liked Emmitt Smith but hated the Cowboys or Michael Jordan but despised the Bulls... Miami was the "Alabama" of the day)
8. Michigan Men's Basketball (see above, I'm a 90's baby.. the Fab Five, that is all)

**Now that LA has NFL football back (LA Rams) and is getting a new MLS club (LAFC) I'm looking forward to becoming a fan of both.

Other WBB teams I'm fond of and would probably root for in cases where it doesn't hurt SC... Maryland (I was a huge Alyssa Thomas fan), Stanford (I've always been fond of and respected the Ogwumike sisters, they whooped on SC pretty good a few times during their careers) and Baylor (Sims and Griner introduced me to the sport, watching them got me hooked on WBB).

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I know this is going to seem all over the map.. but hopefully I've explained myself well. I have a reason for my fandom being all over the map.

1. Gamecock Athletics (my alma mater, my mothers alma mater, in order of preference)
- Gamecock Football
- Gamecock Women's Basketball
- Gamecock Baseball
- Gamecock Men's Basketball
2. Los Angeles Sports (half of my family (dad's side) is from the West Coast, spent summers in Cali growing up)
- Lakers
- Dodgers
3. Washington Redskins (my place of birth, I'll always feel connected to DC sports because of that)
4. UCLA Bruin Athletics (my father's alma mater)
- Bruin Men's Basketball
- Bruin Football
5. Arsenal FC (I remember freshman year in college everybody was on the ManU bandwagon and I didn't wanna follow the bandwagon.. at the time I was "dating" a foreign student from London that was an Arsenal fan, so I started watching more UEFA football, all of the big leagues mostly. I thought Chelsea was too pretentious for my personality so I decided to become an Arsenal fan).
6. Washington Nationals (hometown connection)
7. Miami Hurricanes Football (I'm a child of the 90's and they were all the rage in college football back then, kinda like how everybody liked Emmitt Smith but hated the Cowboys or Michael Jordan but despised the Bulls... Miami was the "Alabama" of the day)
8. Michigan Men's Basketball (see above, I'm a 90's baby.. the Fab Five, that is all)

**Now that LA has NFL football back (LA Rams) and is getting a new MLS club (LAFC) I'm looking forward to becoming a fan of both.

Other WBB teams I'm fond of and would probably root for in cases where it doesn't hurt SC... Maryland (I was a huge Alyssa Thomas fan), Stanford (I've always been fond of and respected the Ogwumike sisters, they whooped on SC pretty good a few times during their careers) and Baylor (Sims and Griner introduced me to the sport, watching them got me hooked on WBB).
M-m-m-m-m. Funny, but I don't see any UConn in there. Personally I am deeply hurt.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
M-m-m-m-m. Funny, but I don't see any UConn in there. Personally I am deeply hurt.

Haha.. well I hang out on the Boneyard a lot as a visiting fan so I figured it was implied that I'm fond of the Connecticut Huskies WBB. Even if it is just a "wee" bit. :D

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Haha.. well I hang out on the Boneyard a lot as a visiting fan so I figured it was implied that I'm fond of the Connecticut Huskies WBB. Even if it is just a "wee" bit. :D
I'm outraged. Just don't look at my list.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
1. Uconn WBB
2. Los Angeles Dodgers

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
.1..Venus Williams
2,,Our ladies' roundball since '95
With milder enthusiasm...
3..U of Florida football
4..NY Giants
5..Juan Martin del Potro

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
1. Serena (she causes my blood pressure to rise)
2. UConn WBB (1st half only)
3. Tom Brady (Patriots)
4. Lebron James (unstoppable, amazingly built basketball player)
5. Jai Alai (dont see it that often these days in the Connecticut area)
6. Roger Federer
7. Big Papi (moreso the interviews, not the Red Sox per se)
8. South Carolina WBB
9. Alabama Roll Tide football
10. Russell Westbrook (OKC Thunder)

Reaction Score
1. UConn Women's Basketball
2. UConn Women's Basketball
3. UConn Women's Basketball
4. UConn Women's Basketball
5. UConn Women's Basketball
6. Scuderia Ferrari Formula One Racing Team
7. Miami Dolphins
8. New York Mets
9. Florida Panthers
10. Connecticut Sun

I am obsessive about UConn - I have multiple spreadsheets tracking stats, player tenures, uniform numbers, etc., many, many PDF's of box scores, game notes, you name it. None of my other teams get nearly as much of my attention.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Well here goes:

Fan of;
1. UConn WBB
2. NE Patriots
3. NY Yankees
4. UConn MBB
5. NY Giants
6. Olympics

Not a fan of:
Pro basketball - men's
Hockey

Reaction Score
1) ICE CREAM
2) Chocolate
3) Lasagna
4) UCONN sports teams
5) Fried foods
6) Something that begins with 'S'
7) Ice Cream (did I mention that already)
I'll second that:
1) ICE CREAM
2) Chocolate
3) Lasagna
4) UCONN sports teams
5) Fried foods

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
1) UConn WBB
2) San Antonio Spurs (they do it right, but damn those time zones)
3) WNBA (whichever team is playing that has a UConn grad)
4) Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and/or Gael Monfils
5) Mo Farah
Extra 100 likes for Mo

ad_178682257.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Likes/loves

1. Arsenal
  2. UCONN Women
  3. St. Louis Cardinals
  4. USMNT
  5. Michigan Football
  6. Barcelona
  7. USWNT
  8. New Zealand All Blacks
  9. NE Patriots (at least Brady, see #5)
  10. AC Milan/DC United
Dislikes/Hates
  1. NY giants
  2. NY giant fans
  3. Scum (Tottenham Hotspur)
  4. Payton Manning
  5. Tennessee teams
  6. All other NYC based teams
  7. Williams sisters
  8. the Ohio State
  9. Redskins/Cubs/Colts/Steelers/KY MBB
  10. Real Madrid/Inter Milan

Reaction Score
Gamecocks?? Is that and Italian or Brazilian CLUB team?? Never heard of them????

Reaction Score
1. West Virginia University all sports (I am an alum after all)
2. Baltimore Orioles
3. Baltimore Ravens
4. UCONN Women's Basketball
5. US Naval Academy Football
5. University of Maryland Lacrosse (Men's and Women's)
6. University of Maryland Football
7. University of Maryland Women's Basketball
8. Women's Softball, any school, any division (daughter played in high school)
9. Notre Dame Football (used to listen to games with my dad on the Mutual Broadcasting System back in the Ara Parseghian era)
10. Towson University Football.

I guess you can tell I'm from Maryland, more specifically the western "mountain Maryland" region but currently residing in a northern suburb of Baltimore.

I was always told (#1 of your posting above) those that lived there had a left leg longer than the other---Every time I drive to Franklin or Greenbriar---I understand why that is said.

I under the Feds are going to take your mascots FAR Arm away. ???? A lot of the ND's Alum should be visiting your home area--Fiona Crystal is made there--.

Reaction Score
Most of our "associates" here on the WBB BY forum root for, and are fans of, UConn WBB. Some are not, but you are welcome guests and therefore you can play also. So here is what you have to fess up to: Besides Geno's team (if applicable), whom specifically do you follow/watch/root for -- in order!

Okay, okay, I'll go first.

1) UConn WBB
1) N. Y. Mets
3) WNBA (not a team per se, but all of our former UConn women) (hate that Seattle is 3 times zones away)
4) Notre Dame ...football, that is (been following them since I was kid) (Rudy is one of my favorite movies:D)
5) NCAA women's softball (last 4/5 years, just the finals though. I'm addicted, it's women on the diamond at the highest level - even get Holly Rowe for some games)

Anyone else?
1. Women's Hoops- Irish
2. Baseball -Seattle Mariners
3. Football pro Seattle Seahawks
4. Football College -Miami Hurricanes and Washington Huskies ( The Real Huskies )
5. Pro Basketball- OKC Thunder Former Seattle Sonics
6. College Basketball Men's - Big Blue Nation ( Kentucky) and Notre Dame
7. Softball - N.D-. and Washington Huskies
8. Volleyball N.D. - and Washington Huskies
9. College Baseball -N.D. and Miami Hurricanes.
10. WNBA -Seattle Storm
11. NASCAR- Ryan Newman ( Went to same high school )

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I'll second that:
1) ICE CREAM
2) Chocolate
3) Lasagna
4) UCONN sports teams
5) Fried foodsI part
I'll second that:
1) ICE CREAM
2) Chocolate
3) Lasagna
4) UCONN sports teams
5) Fried foods

Edy's brand of ice cream has a partial milk base, and I eat a lot of it without gaining weight like other desserts cause. It tastes
no different from regular brands. I especially enjoy 2 off beat flavors, French silk and Espresso.

Reaction Score
Edy's brand of ice cream has a partial milk base, and I eat a lot of it without gaining weight like other desserts cause. It tastes no different from regular brands. I especially enjoy 2 off beat flavors, French silk and Espresso.
Hmmm, think I'll try those. Thanks! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS