OT: Operation 351 News | The Boneyard

OT: Operation 351 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since this is a slow period, I think I should post something that 99% of you don't care about.

Operation 351 News:

The good news is that St. Francis Brooklyn is dropping out of D1 sports meaning one less school to see in my Operation 351 quest to see a game on all the D1 campuses. The bad news is that I have already seen St. Francis Brooklyn. The worse news is that LeMoyne College in Syracuse is going Division 1 who I have obviously not seen since they have been D2. So, with St. Francis Brooklyn dropping out and LeMoyne College added, the total count of D1 schools stays at 362 but now I have one more school to see in God forsaken Syracuse.

P.S. The 362 count includes Hartford which dropped out of D1. I also have to subtract 1 from my 119 school count to make it a current 118.

www.journeyto351.com

Reaction Score
What schools are in your plans for next year?
I need to wait for the schedule to come out in the fall before deciding. I need to do at least 3 games on a given road trip to make it worthwhile meaning that I need to find 3 games in the same proximity playing together for 2 or 3 days.

My preference is to see UConn play at Marquette, Creigton, Xavier and Butler assuming that I find other games around those games.

I would also like to complete the state of Pennsylvania seeing Duquesne and St. Francis PA and complete Maryland seeing Morgan State and Towson.

I try to average around 15 games a year.

Reaction Score
@Greathusky your blog has been an inspiration for me to start my own blog so considering today is its one year anniversary is today is very fitting.

Remine me what yours is called? I probably haven't looked in 6 months. Need to catch up

Reaction Score
But the real question everyone wants to know is when are you going to Cow Dick, Texas? It's been 9 years already and you still haven't. :)

For reference in case anyone has forgotten:

Reaction Score
Was bummed when you hit Binghamton for an exhibition game back in 2018 vs Misericordia. The Events Center is a pretty sweet venue for a low-major program and actually gets good crowds for AE games.

More importantly, I was always curious to know if you’re related to the lovely Erika Nardini, CEO of Barstool.

Reaction Score
I think when I’m done working I’ll do all sports stadiums across the big 4 sports. That’s what, about 130 stadiums? Probably evens out cost-wise but I appreciate seeing the issues with D1/2 and teams dropping in/out, and also having to plan 3+ game road trips. That sounds brutal, especially if it becomes moot if the team eventually drops out of D1

God bless you though OP

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
If you go to Marquette you can knock off UWMilwaukee at the same time. The arenas they play in are 100 yards apart. Then you can go an hour west to Madison and see Wisconsin or you can go an hour south and see Loyola and DePaul in Chicago

Reaction Score
But the real question everyone wants to know is when are you going to Cow Dick, Texas? It's been 9 years already and you still haven't. :)

For reference in case anyone has forgotten:
The post from Fishy is a Boneyard classic! I forgot to do my annual post this year with this quote.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was bummed when you hit Binghamton for an exhibition game back in 2018 vs Misericordia. The Events Center is a pretty sweet venue for a low-major program and actually gets good crowds for AE games.

More importantly, I was always curious to know if you’re related to the lovely Erika Nardini, CEO of Barstool.
I get that question a lot and unfortunately NO.

Reaction Score
If you go to Marquette you can knock off UWMilwaukee at the same time. The arenas they play in are 100 yards apart. Then you can go an hour west to Madison and see Wisconsin or you can go an hour south and see Loyola and DePaul in Chicago
I had a four game stretch set up in Wisconsin to see four schools on consecutive days two years ago. They were Marquette, Wisconsin at Green Bay, Wisconsin at Madison and Wisconsin at Milwaukee.

Unfortunately, the cancellations from COVID during that time spooked me out of my trip.

To get three games on one trip is a beautiful thing but I have yet to do four on a single trip. My wife although an angel for letting me pursue this dream does have her limits. :)

Reaction Score

I try to avoid games with D2 teams after some pretty boring excursions this game being one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom