OT - Oops, Bama Baseball Coach Goff tries to revoke baseball scholarships in violation of NCAA rules | The Boneyard

OT - Oops, Bama Baseball Coach Goff tries to revoke baseball scholarships in violation of NCAA rules

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
You know how impatient they are down south ;)

(I did not know that, but alas, maybe Alabama can finally get their program close to the level of USCe or Florida)

Reaction Score
You know how impatient they are down south ;)

(I did not know that, but alas, maybe Alabama can finally get their program close to the level of USCe or Florida)

From initial article: "University of Alabama baseball coach Greg Goff informed up to 10 players their scholarships would not be renewed, a violation of NCAA rules..."

Sounds like he had a plan... it was the execution that tripped him up. :p

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In January 2015, NCAA schools passed legislation that required Power 5 conference schools, including Alabama and other SEC schools, to renew scholarships annually regardless of athletic performance. Previously, most scholarships were subject to annual renewal. Schools outside the Power 5 such as Louisiana Tech, Goff’s previous stop, are not required to renew scholarships annually.

Ha, suck it P5!

Reaction Score
I was unaware of the policy, but I know for a fact when Rodriguez walked into Baylor, he pretty much pushed half the roster out the door.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom