OT- On the Bright Side... Kentucky Board is completely Imploding | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- On the Bright Side... Kentucky Board is completely Imploding

Reaction Score
He played well in the title game. To say he carried the team through the tournament like Carmelo and Davis is a bit much. That team had a few future pros on it. Ellison wasn't even their leading scorer.
He was the MOP. And the leader of that team. Do your homework.

Reaction Score
And Davis was a rare talent as a freshman, the only other freshman I can think of that led a team to a title is Carmelo.
Defensively he lead them. People forget he was like the 4th or 5th leading scorer on that team too.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He played well in the title game. To say he carried the team through the tournament like Carmelo and Davis is a bit much. That team had a few future pros on it. Ellison wasn't even their leading scorer.
Please go back and watch the tournament games that Lville played that year - I would think that you will change your mind

Reaction Score
Please go back and watch the tournament games that Lville played that year - I would think that you will change your mind
The guy was the MOP. He was a beast. The OP probably wasn’t born when it happened so he won’t acknowledge it.

Reaction Score
Defensively he lead them. People forget he was like the 4th or 5th leading scorer on that team too.
People probably forget that because he led the team in scoring

Reaction Score
People probably forget that because he led the team in scoring
I honestly thought he was the 3rd or fourth scorer on that team. I remember they all acted double digits. Maybe I was thinking the tourney. That’s crazy and I’m from KY. Me and my brother was talking about this the other day.

Reaction Score
I honestly thought he was the 3rd or fourth scorer on that team. I remember they all acted double digits. Maybe I was thinking the tourney. That’s crazy and I’m from KY. Me and my brother was talking about this the other day.
He was the 3rd leading scorer during the season and the 2nd leading scorer during the tourney. Again, he was the MOP of the tourney. These things are easy to find using Google.

Reaction Score
It was really evenly distributed, basically 6 guys between 10 and 14 points a game. Most teams are lucky to have 3 guys in that range

Reaction Score
The guy was the MOP. He was a beast. The OP probably wasn’t born when it happened so he won’t acknowledge it.
Emeka Okafor was MVP of the 2004 tournament. Emeka was a beast. He DID NOT carry UConn in the postseason. 2 different things. SOMEBODY has to be MVP. It doesn’t mean the MVP carries the team.

Pervis did not carry that team throughout the postseason like Manning, Carmelo, Anthony Davis, Kemba, and Shabazz carried their teams.

Reaction Score
Emeka Okafor was MVP of the 2004 tournament. Emeka was a beast. He DID NOT carry UConn in the postseason. 2 different things. SOMEBODY has to be MVP. It doesn’t mean the MVP carries the team.

Pervis did not carry that team throughout the postseason like Manning, Carmelo, Anthony Davis, Kemba, and Shabazz carried their teams.
Whatever dude. Your initial comment was "led". Now you are saying "carried". Whatever it takes to float your boat. Pervis was the MOP as a Freshman on a team that won the title while being the 2nd leading scorer and leading rebounder. That's a fact you just don't seem to want to come to grips with.

Reaction Score
He was the 3rd leading scorer during the season and the 2nd leading scorer during the tourney. Again, he was the MOP of the tourney. These things are easy to find using Google.
I was basing it simply off remembering watching it. The season he was their leading scorer. I was trying to remember from watching them all season. So I did google it.

Reaction Score
Would anyone be surprised if any year now calipari finds an excuse to bolt and they throw some ungodly sum at musselman?
Musselman has a non compete clause in his contract where he can’t leave for another SEC school

Reaction Score
He was the MOP. And the leader of that team.
Whatever dude. Your initial comment was "led". Now you are saying "carried". Whatever it takes to float your boat. Pervis was the MOP as a Freshman on a team that won the title while being the 2nd leading scorer and leading rebounder. That's a fact you just don't seem to want to come to grips with.
Indeed I said
indee
Indeed. I said the only freshman that led their team to a title were Anthony and Anthony. Someone included Pervis.

I then said that to say Pervis carried that Louisville team to a title like the 2 Anthonys was a stretch. And I stand by that. You can be MOP and not carry the team on your shoulders. That’s a fact you just don’t seem to want to come to grips with.

The 2 Anthonys were the best players in college basketball and led their teams to a title. Pervis wasn’t even the best player on his team. If he was he would have been drafted ahead of Milt Wagner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom