OT- Olympics | The Boneyard

OT- Olympics

Reaction Score
Usually watch a lot of the Olympics whether it's summer or winter. Had no idea tonight is the closing ceremonies until 5 minutes ago. Any time I turned on the tv or read anything it was about Curling. Did anything actually happen this Olympics or was it the Curling Olympics?

My timing was good on the closing ceremonies, as soon as I landed on NBC some Korean Nicki Minaj wannabee came out and the male announcer said, "ooooh, she's ferocoous!"

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Olympics were terrific this year.

The 14-hour time difference hurt them as usual, but it was an excellent couple of weeks.

Reaction Score
Hockey just wasn't the same without the NHL players. Put a damper on the whole thing for me.

Reaction Score
Not a single Russian should have been allowed to compete. The whole OAR thing was a joke.

Germany showing up big; slope style, big air, and pipe being great displays; and USA doing well in curling and hockey all together made it a very entertaining olympics for me

Reaction Score
The Olympics were terrific this year.

The 14-hour time difference hurt them as usual, but it was an excellent couple of weeks.
Seemed like way too much Curling. Now that I think of it, I've never been much of a fan of the winter Olympics. Skiing is basically the only thing I'm really into and haven't followed it since the Tomba, Zurbriggen, Girardelli, Hermann Maier days. The hockey was cool with the NHL guys but without it I realize how far down my list of favorite sports it is. Summer Olynpics just completely blow them away IMO.

Reaction Score
Oddly enough, in the western time zones we got to watch a lot of big events live in prime time, which was nice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom