OT Olympics: Poor Canada (spoiler) | The Boneyard

OT Olympics: Poor Canada (spoiler)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A little solace. The Men's Hockey team is leading in the Bronze game 6-3 over CZE with 3 minutes left in the 3rd period.
On NBCSN

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I predict that the US Curling team will be heralded as conquering heroes upon their return, turning up on every talk show around, throwing out 1st pitches at major league ballparks and showing up in numerous ads, maybe even on the Wheaties box.

The US Curling team is an inspiration to every middle-aged guy with a beer belly and a receding hairline that it’s never to late to achieve greatness.

I for one plan to get a broom out of the closet and find a place where I can start skipping stones. Beijing 2022 here I come!!!

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
My town of Norfolk was one of the mere handful of places where curling got its start in this country, started here by wealthy Scottish landowners (Childs, they own Great Mountain Forest, largest tract of forest in the state). They wanted their favorite past time available and created the Norfolk Curling Club. Norfolk has had some good teams in club play and one of our leading curlers (Jonathan Barbagallo) was the expert WTIC called upon for commentary. I never had the stones for the sport myself.

Kirk Sinclair
Norfolk, CT

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I predict that the US Curling team will be heralded as conquering heroes upon their return, turning up on every talk show around, throwing out 1st pitches at major league ballparks and showing up in numerous ads, maybe even on the Wheaties box.

The US Curling team is an inspiration to every middle-aged guy with a beer belly and a receding hairline that it’s never to late to achieve greatness.

I for one plan to get a broom out of the closet and find a place where I can start skipping stones. Beijing 2022 here I come!!!

Not so sure about this, though it would be warm and comforting were it true. Shuster credits dieting and losing 25 pounds for his success!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not so sure about this, though it would be warm and comforting were it true. Shuster credits dieting and losing 25 pounds for his success!
Yep. The skipper of the 'Miracurl on Ice' curling team was cut from Team USA after Sochi so he lost 35 pounds, formed his own team of 'rejects,' and won gold

BTW, I love the curling men's and women's shirts, the blue with stripes. Anyone seen them for sale anywhere?

upload_2018-2-24_11-10-6.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
To me, the best part is the redemption received by Shuster and his team. Having horrible results in the last 2 Olympics, being pulled for poor play and having to win at the US Trials etc and the very poor 2-4 record in round robin play, to turn it around so quickly and powerfully, it is really inspirational.

Still, I will never watch curling outside the Olympics. It is a niche sport and will always be one. Even the way they covered it and I watched it live until 4:30 am., there was no effort to try to explain what was going on. If they wanted to grow the game, maybe they could use the simple concept of "telestrator" :mad:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You’ve just burst my bubble...:(

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I dunno @oldude . I, for one, will not play a sport that requires me to take PEDs to be competitive! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Those Canadians. Always trying to copy the US. Still Ryan Lochte and his MENSA teammates take the cake.
A blood alcohol limit of .16 will do that,

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A blood alcohol limit of .16 will do that,

And I guess being is sub-freezing temperatures for 2 weeks would make a little extra buzz pretty enticing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom