OT: OK, which of you work at a credit union in Columbia? | The Boneyard

OT: OK, which of you work at a credit union in Columbia?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I was walking through our employee parking lot, today, and saw a car with lots of UCONN basketball paraphernalia on the back.

• Haha
Reactions: mmt

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
About once a week, I end up behind a car with a Carolina sticker in one corner of their back windshield and a Tennessee sticker in the other.

To combat this, when I went to the co-op (because it will always be the co-op to me…) in December, I bought a bigger UConn magnet.

We need more Husky representation below the Mason-Dixon Line! :p

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Or add a Gamecock sticker…
That reminds me of something. About 28-ish years ago (same company), one of our Sr. VPs left his trunk open, by accident. I had a rooster tail that you close in a car's trunk, as a football game tailgating accoutrement. He was a Clemson fan and I closed it in his trunk as a practical joke. I must still have it around the house somewhere.

Reaction Score
About once a week, I end up behind a car with a Carolina sticker in one corner of their back windshield and a Tennessee sticker in the other.

To combat this, when I went to the co-op (because it will always be the co-op to me…) in December, I bought a bigger UConn magnet.

We need more Husky representation below the Mason-Dixon Line! :p
Price of admission to SC is elimination of a native Ohioan who lives along the Carolina coast

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Price of admission to SC is elimination of a native Ohioan who lives along the Carolina coast
This native Ohioan will make sure to stay living on my side of the NC/SC border.

Am I still permitted to do my grocery shopping, eating, and occasional vacationing on the Carolina coast? If not, I need to look into a refund for two weeks in June. :p

Reaction Score
This native Ohioan will make sure to stay living on my side of the NC/SC border.

Am I still permitted to do my grocery shopping, eating, and occasional vacationing on the Carolina coast? If not, I need to look into a refund for two weeks in June. :p
North or South Carolina Coast,you'll be so surrounded by your fellow Bucknuts, you'll feel like you're right in the middle of Celeryville, OH.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
North or South Carolina Coast,you'll be so surrounded by your fellow Bucknuts, you'll feel like you're right in the middle of Celeryville, OH.
Hey, now… I’m from Cornville. Those chumps in Celeryville can kick rocks.

I’ve been in NC since 2011 and every time I go to the beach I’m always shocked by how outnumbered the NC/SC plates are. Ohio, Pennsylvania, everywhere in New England… When I was growing up, we just went up to Lake Erie.

My closest Harris Teeter is near a Del Webb community, and the retired New England Karens are the bane of my grocery life.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

I’ve been in NC since 2011 and every time I go to the beach I’m always shocked by how outnumbered the NC/SC plates are. Ohio, Pennsylvania, everywhere in New England… When I was growing up, we just went up to Lake Erie.

My closest Harris Teeter is near a Del Webb community, and the retired New England Karens are the bane of my grocery life.
My son, born in Connecticut, got a job in Michigan after college and he dates a native Michigander. He has learned to hate Ohio - the school (tOSU) and the state itself. Seems a little over the top to me but I guess it’s a “thing” in Michigan.

1683851331974.jpeg

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
My son, born in Connecticut, got a job in Michigan after college and he dates a native Michigander. He has learned to hate Ohio - the school (tOSU) and the state itself. Seems a little over the top to me but I guess it’s a “thing” in Michigan.

View attachment 88157
It's a thing for some South Carolinians, too, but my faithful assistant, Igor, is from Ohio, so I'm good with peeps from the Buckeye State.

Reaction Score

Lol

Reaction Score
I was wearing one of my worn-out UConn t-shirts today at the garden center in my little NJ town and was stopped twice by UConn bball fans. and a mother of a current UConn student......seems to happen all the time....

Reaction Score
Geno tells a funny story about how he got a ticket on I84 east of Hartford for being in the HOV lane. Claims, lucky him, that the state cop was the only Vols fan in whole state of CT.

I got a ticket in Indiana but the stinkin cop didn't turn on his lights until he got close enough to me to see the championship bumper stickers and of course the CT plate. A real Hoosier.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom