OT: Oh Sure, I Believe This Is real | The Boneyard

OT: Oh Sure, I Believe This Is real

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If you read the article, which is a lot to ask, she tells us that she communicated with the big cat using "feline- speak eye blinking". How could you disbelieve a tale told with such creative enthusiasm?

Yup, I saw that and knew their meeting was surely fated! Meow....

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
This one is real tho....yikes!

White+Shark+Kayak++140+MB+Scan+b©Thomas+P.+Peschak.jpg

[it appeared first in a National Geographic story back in 2005]

Reaction Score
They lady had put on her husbands magnification glasses by mistake so what she mistook for a cougar was actually the neighbors tan Burmese. :rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The cat was startled when her roommate saw it and screamed but... "Taylor made a noise to wake the feline, but then “gazed lovingly into her eyes, and communicated using feline-speak eye blinking to calm her,” she wrote."

I was going to take that course in college (feline-speak), but decided on Spanish instead. It was a tough call tho. The teacher kept gazing lovingly in to my eyes, and eye-blinked to calm my nerves... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
While there is a LOT in her piece that strikes me as silly, feline eye-blink communication is an actual thing. Essentially, a cat that blinks slowly is indicating that he or she trusts you not to attack immediately. A human or animal who acknowledges that by responding with a slow blink is saying "I trust you too." There are those who go further and say a slow blink is a kind of "kitty kiss." I'm not one of them, but I have experienced instances where a fearful cat will calm down when given slow blinks, especially when combined with a non-threatening body posture.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
While there is a LOT in her piece that strikes me as silly, feline eye-blink communication is an actual thing. Essentially, a cat that blinks slowly is indicating that he or she trusts you not to attack immediately. A human or animal who acknowledges that by responding with a slow blink is saying "I trust you too." There are those who go further and say a slow blink is a kind of "kitty kiss." I'm not one of them, but I have experienced instances where a fearful cat will calm down when given slow blinks, especially when combined with a non-threatening body posture.

Yes there is such a thing. I have used it myself. But have found not all cats respond to it. Certainly wouldn't want to roll the dice trying to make friends with a Mountain Lion!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom