OT: Oh by the way.. | The Boneyard

OT: Oh by the way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Happy Festivus to everyone. Granted we do the Airing of Grievances all year round here on the Boneyard, but maybe we could do a few Feats of Strength?

:D

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I don't get it. Are you saying during this festive time that we should be aggrieved about the strength of the air emanating from your feet and post a few threads about it here on the BY? Well, here's what my feet think about the whole subject.

Funny-Feet-Mouths-with-Eyes.jpg

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Happy Festivus to everyone. Granted we do the Airing of Grievances all year round here on the Boneyard, but maybe we could do a few Feats of Strength?

:D
That one was on tonite! You kill me Meyers7- you absolutely Kill me!

T

TroyHouse66

<<...we do the Airing of Grievances all year... could (we) do a few Feats of Strength?>>

First, we need to take a poll...
aluminum, of course.

[I nominate Aluminny as chairperson...]

Last edited by a moderator:

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
All the people of different faiths can have their different religions- But there's Festivus for the Rest of us-- oh that was classic!

Reaction Score
All the people of different faiths can have their different religions- But there's Festivus for the Rest of us-- oh that was classic!
I use to be an atheist but there's not enough holidays.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I just consulted George and confirmed you are spelling it wrong: it is Festivous.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I use to be an atheist but there's not enough holidays.
If you're an ex-atheist, I guess there's always eXmas.

But saint's days can be fun. My favorite is a week from yesterday, St. Egwin's Day on Dec. 30th. Egwin apparently exhibited a lot of zeal in converting the English pagans back in the 700s, but was accused of deeds and to clear his name undertook a walking pilgrimage to Rome while wearing heavy shackles on his feet, the key to which he had thrown into the river Avon. While praying in Rome, a servant excitedly brought him the key to the shackles that been found when they gutted a fish caught in the Tiber River, whereupon Edwin threw off his shackles and "obtained from the pope an authoritative release from the load of obloquy which his enemies had striven to fasten upon him." There is a connection to the Huskies in all this, because I know Geno has often struggled to shake off the load of obloquy his critics have dumped on him.

In any case, they just don't make saints like they used to back in the Dark Ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom