OT: Ocho Cinco Get 30 on a Bad Decision | The Boneyard

OT: Ocho Cinco Get 30 on a Bad Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
WOW, I can understand the judge misinterpreting what happened, but the butt slap was simply a way of saying good job to his attorney. I've always like Chad, even though I'm a Ravens fan. I thought he was good for the sport and was harmless and funny. I think the judge made an error on this and hopefully it will get corrected if that's possible.

Here's the video:

http://now.msn.com/chad-johnson-sentenced-to-30-days-in-jail-after-angering-judge

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I opened thinking he got 30 years and was wondering what the hell I missed.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
He'll be out in 24 hours. That's ridiculous. His attorney should have just said that's the way athletes show gratitude to each other.

Reaction Score
She was way wrong but he acted wrong. She over-reacted in a major way. But in court keep your hands still, yes sir/mam and no sir/mam and never give a the judge one iota of a reason to 'get you'. I've never been to court but I do know that you MUST act a certain way, as to not offend the judge's court. You never know how they woke up that morning or how they personally feel about your case (i.e. you).

All he did was slap his attorney on the butt (e.g. athletes saying good play) but the audience did him in by laughing at the compliment. However no slap no jail.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She told him to appreciate what his attorney did and he responded with a gesture of appreciation. She then reacted to the spectators response. Wrong to punish 85 for that.

That said, Kitaman's advice is wise.

Reaction Score
Sorry but, you do not act that way in a court room. What she did was appropriate. He'll be back in court, and he'll learn some respect. He's an that needed a time-out.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sorry but, you do not act that way in a court room. What she did was appropriate. He'll be back in court, and he'll learn some respect. He's an that needed a time-out.

Not even close. You gotta take that 8ft 2x4 out of your arse. Even the Florida AG said the judge overreacted. Any rational person would agree.

BTW, here's the conversation exchange after the butt pat:

Judge:"I don't know that you're taking this whole thing seriously. I just saw you slap your attorney on the backside. Is there something funny about this?" McHugh said, slapping the plea deal document down on her desk. "The whole courtroom was laughing. I'm not going to accept these plea negotiations. This isn't a joke."

Johnson:"This is your courtroom. I have no intent to make this a joke. It's not funny," Johnson told the judge. "My life is in a shambles right now and I try my best to laugh and keep a smile on my face."

Pretty sure the judge was just butt hurt that people laughed in her court room. Not only that, but it'll cost the taxpayers approx 4 grand for her thin skin. Maybe she was disappointed that it wasn't her arse that Ocho was grabbing.

Reaction Score
Judge definitely over reacted, but if I'm about to have a no jail time plea deal accepted, I'm a statue in that court room. Not making any sudden movements, just 'yes, your honor', 'no, your honor', 'thank you, your honor.'

Reaction Score
This is what's wrong with our country in a nutshell. 1. We got this guy, who I like, acting like an idiot when he knows its an inappropriate time and venue. 2. But to give him 30 days for a perceived slight is an absolute miscarriage of justice. Punishment in no way fits the crime and the crime is in no way a probation violation. 3. Gee, someone of authority abusing their power, what a f0cking surprise.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This is what's wrong with our country in a nutshell. 1. We got this guy, who I like, acting like an idiot when he knows its an inappropriate time and venue. 2. But to give him 30 days for a perceived slight is an absolute miscarriage of justice. Punishment in no way fits the crime and the crime is in no way a probation violation. 3. Gee, someone of authority abusing their power, what a f0cking surprise.

Not saying I disagree totally on point 1, but I'm not sure he knew he was acting inappropriately. Any other profession perhaps, but football players have been smacking each others' butts since coming out the womb. Not saying its excusable, of course, but Chad is known to be a little bit loose in the head, and lacking social tact/skills that normal people take for granted. In short he's half way between weird and crazy.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I think she overreacted but overall he was lucky to get what he wound up getting. Head-butting his wife....no jail time....proceeded to violate his probation when he was free....got a gift by not getting thrown in the jail for that offense...got no favors on his last behavior....but the original offense and his refusal to follow the court's ruling [same judge] on probation should have combined to get him jail time in the first and/or second place.

Reaction Score
Not even close. You gotta take that 8ft 2x4 out of your arse. Even the Florida AG said the judge overreacted. Any rational person would agree.

BTW, here's the conversation exchange after the butt pat:

Judge:"I don't know that you're taking this whole thing seriously. I just saw you slap your attorney on the backside. Is there something funny about this?" McHugh said, slapping the plea deal document down on her desk. "The whole courtroom was laughing. I'm not going to accept these plea negotiations. This isn't a joke."

Johnson:"This is your courtroom. I have no intent to make this a joke. It's not funny," Johnson told the judge. "My life is in a shambles right now and I try my best to laugh and keep a smile on my face."

Pretty sure the judge was just butt hurt that people laughed in her court room. Not only that, but it'll cost the taxpayers approx 4 grand for her thin skin. Maybe she was disappointed that it wasn't her arse that Ocho was grabbing.

You are so wrong in this. If you or I are in a courtroom, we don't make light of the matter as he did. Why do you kiss his butt in this? Perhaps because he's a privileged athlete? As you so delicately allude to, I might be a tight ass in this one, but I have the brains enough to know that you don't piss a judge off in her courtroom.

Reaction Score
Judge definitely over reacted, but if I'm about to have a no jail time plea deal accepted, I'm a statue in that court room. Not making any sudden movements, just 'yes, your honor', 'no, your honor', 'thank you, your honor.'

Sounds like words coming from a veteran of these ordeals?!?!?..:cool:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You are so wrong in this. If you or I are in a courtroom, we don't make light of the matter as he did. Why do you kiss his butt in this? Perhaps because he's a privileged athlete? As you so delicately allude to, I might be a tight ass in this one, but I have the brains enough to know that you don't piss a judge off in her courtroom.

Kiss his butt? No. Being a Pats fan, I could care less about Ocho. Don't love him, don't hate him.

I just don't think what he did was a big deal. The judge should never have asked him if he "was happy with his lawyer" because of his deal? That's just dumb -- extraneous and unnecessary. wouldnt' be surprised if she was fishing for a response so she could nail him. Besides, it wasn't the action that did it, but all the laughing in the courtroom. Ocho didn't smile or think it was a joke.

I would be even more infuriated with the judge if it was a regular person. This is a waste of taxpayer time and money. For NOTHING. Plain and simple.

The Florida AG is dead right on this. The judge was an uptight **** in this one. She needs to:

Reaction Score
Kiss his butt? No. Being a Pats fan, I could care less about Ocho. Don't love him, don't hate him.

I just don't think what he did was a big deal. The judge should never have asked him if he "was happy with his lawyer" because of his deal? That's just dumb -- extraneous and unnecessary. wouldnt' be surprised if she was fishing for a response so she could nail him. Besides, it wasn't the action that did it, but all the laughing in the courtroom. Ocho didn't smile or think it was a joke.

I would be even more infuriated with the judge if it was a regular person. This is a waste of taxpayer time and money. For NOTHING. Plain and simple.

The Florida AG is dead right on this. The judge was an uptight in this one. She needs to:

That was good! I liked that.:)

Reaction Score

The Florida AG is dead right on this. The judge was an uptight in this one. She needs to:

Rejecting the plea and giving him 30 days was excessive, but there is a certain level of decorum expected in a court room. Even in a civil case, I couldn't imagine an attorney slapping another attorney on the a** after getting a favorable Order. Maybe that's me, but when I'm in front of a judge I'm not trying to show everyone in the gallery how funny I am.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Rejecting the plea and giving him 30 days was excessive, but there is a certain level of decorum expected in a court room. Even in a civil case, I couldn't imagine an attorney slapping another attorney on the a* after getting a favorable Order. Maybe that's me, but when I'm in front of a judge I'm not trying to show everyone in the gallery how funny I am.

Yeah, I'm not saying what he did was the way you should conduct yourself in court; I sure as hell wouldn't have done it. Nobody ever said the guy was playing with a full deck (social awareness wise), but the punishment didn't fit the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom