OT: Obi waived by Raiders | The Boneyard

OT: Obi waived by Raiders

Reaction Score
Once he gets healthy he'll get a practice squad spot if he still has the love..

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Holy crap. That’s quick for a guy they drafted in the 2nd round just last year...

Reaction Score
This explains things a bit more.

The "doesn't love football enough" thing seems flimsy and a copout. The Raiders organization is a crap show which could make anyone suddenly not love football.

Reaction Score
He wasn't a GTG, Gruden's type of guy.

Mu guess he ends up on somebody's roster.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This explains things a bit more.

The "doesn't love football enough" thing seems flimsy and a copout. The Raiders organization is a crap show which could make anyone suddenly not love football.
The first part (get him on IR) seems legit, but I don't know why you besmirch his name if you want another team to poach him. Good luck to the young man.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I wish the best for the young man.

Ironically, we are posting stuff that would’ve come from Bobby D in terms of “model” so there is that

Broken clocks are right twice per day (Byron Jones and Obi?)

Reaction Score
Life time Raiders fan and was really rooting for Obi to shine with my Raiders. Unfortunately the Raiders had to do something as he couldn't even get on the practice field in 2 years. Can't use up a valuable roster spot on a player that is not participating in anything. Hope he makes it to the practice squad and turns his career around.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Maybe not his type of culture with chucky? He’ll land somewhere,good talent,great kid

Reaction Score
I am a Raider fan. I was super pumped when he was drafted by "My" team. He hasn't been able to stay healthy enough to see the field. Hoping he sticks around somehow and heals up. Not looking good. Either way, I hope he can get it together and make a career in the NFL, just not with the Patiriots.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
No matter what some might say he has talent and was a good player at UConn but the combine did help him out some. Though he was always considered no lower than a mid-round pick even before the combine.

The Giants could use a good free safety since Thompson has been a bust so to speak

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom