OT - O.J. granted parole | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - O.J. granted parole

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He should get another 9 years just for being responsible for bringing us the Kardashians. :mad:

While you may be trying to be funny, I can get behind this. What's the going rate for 'Crime Against Humanity'?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He should get another 9 years just for being responsible for bringing us the Kardashians. :mad:
Ross from friends chanting Kardashian! Kardashian! Can't be unseen.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What is the over/under on the number of weeks until ESPN invites him on as some sort of guest or analyst?

Reaction Score
Thats the only correct, intelligent answer.

How so??? He should be in jail for life for double murder. He should be out of jail after serving the robbery charge. End of the day, he's out now. The system failed. That's the only right answer.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
How so??? He should be in jail for life for double murder. He should be out of jail after serving the robbery charge. End of the day, he's out now. The system failed. That's the only right answer.

No it's not . You can only judge him for the crime he was convicted of . He did his time for that.

I think he should burn in hell for what he did, but he wasn't convicted for it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

He is despicable and should be locked up for life for murder. But, like it or not, he was found not guilty.
It would be worse than this injustice if we started locking people up because "we" think they got away with something in previous trial.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
No it's not . You can only judge him for the crime he was convicted of . He did his time for that.

I think he should burn in hell for what he did, but he wasn't convicted for it.

Disagree. I can judge him for whatever I want. It is a failure of our judicial system that he's going to be a free man.

Reaction Score
Disagree. I can judge him for whatever I want. It is a failure of our judicial system that he's going to be a free man.

I don't know, that seems a bit like saying the electoral system failed because the wrong guy got elected. Any system is bound to fail that is comprised of incompetent people. The prosecution effed up the case and this is the price they pay.

Reaction Score
It is a failure of our judicial system that he's going to be a free man.
Our judicial "system" is a massive failure independent of OJ. Anybody who has worked in the system knows that it's a farce. Jury trials are horrible. I've had judges MUMBLE through the parts about "presumed innocent" and then clearly articulate, "beyond reasonable doubt does not mean to a mathematical certainty." It's insane that jury's typically can't take notes or take evidence into the deliberation room. Ridiculous.

OJ's case is a fine example.

The DA decided to try the case in downtown L.A., rather than in Santa Monica, where the crime occurred.

In Santa Monica, you get a mostly or all white jury and OJ burns.
Instead, they got a jury with 8 blacks and 1 white in L.A.
O.J. was a national hero to the black community. He was acquitted the day the jury was selected. The rest was just a farce. A black icon killed a white woman and her Jewish boyfriend. There was no way that a jury of 8 black L.A. residents was going to convict him. No way. That's the ugly truth. It's not about justice or the constitution. They knew he did it. They knew the evidence was there. They just weren't going to convict one of their own.

But hey, if that bothers you, then consider the flip side of that coin. Thousands upon thousands of innocent black men have been convicted by white juries over the last hundred years or so. It's the collateral damage in our system. Most juries I've seen apply a "yeah, he probably did it," standard rather than a, "beyond a reasonable doubt standard." Believe me, you won't be likely to get it until you have the extreme misfortune of being in it.

In our jurisdiction, the PDs don't try murder cases. Nope. They get farmed out to private JDs who can't charge more than 10 grand without permission from a judge. Just to keep that in perspective, at 200 an hour, with no other costs, that's 50 hours. For a murder trial. Insane.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Our judicial "system" is a massive failure independent of OJ. Anybody who has worked in the system knows that it's a farce. Jury trials are horrible. I've had judges MUMBLE through the parts about "presumed innocent" and then clearly articulate, "beyond reasonable doubt does not mean to a mathematical certainty." It's insane that jury's typically can't take notes or take evidence into the deliberation room. Ridiculous.

OJ's case is a fine example.

The DA decided to try the case in downtown L.A., rather than in Santa Monica, where the crime occurred.

In Santa Monica, you get a mostly or all white jury and OJ burns.
Instead, they got a jury with 8 blacks and 1 white in L.A.
O.J. was a national hero to the black community. He was acquitted the day the jury was selected. The rest was just a farce. A black icon killed a white woman and her Jewish boyfriend. There was no way that a jury of 8 black L.A. residents was going to convict him. No way. That's the ugly truth. It's not about justice or the constitution. They knew he did it. They knew the evidence was there. They just weren't going to convict one of their own.

But hey, if that bothers you, then consider the flip side of that coin. Thousands upon thousands of innocent black men have been convicted by white juries over the last hundred years or so. It's the collateral damage in our system. Most juries I've seen apply a "yeah, he probably did it," standard rather than a, "beyond a reasonable doubt standard." Believe me, you won't be likely to get it until you have the extreme misfortune of being in it.

In our jurisdiction, the PDs don't try murder cases. Nope. They get farmed out to private JDs who can't charge more than 10 grand without permission from a judge. Just to keep that in perspective, at 200 an hour, with no other costs, that's 50 hours. For a murder trial. Insane.

All true, but with all its faults, our justice system is still one of the best in the world. There are at least 150 other countries you wouldn't want to get arrested in.

The prosecution screwed the case up in every imaginable way, including the original filing in downtown LA, although there is some possibility the case would have been moved there from Santa Monica anyway for logistical reasons.. The prosecutors were way too overconfident that they had a slam dunk on their hands.

Reaction Score
Yes, but jury trials are a joke. People are stupid and bias no matter the effort the jury selection process attempts.

Aside from the whole criminal trial, how did Goldman get a $33.5M judgement for the civil trial? That seems huge, like $50M in today's $$. The kid was a waiter. How did they justify that? Who gets that kind of judgement unless you really can justify your future earnings power.

I'd be shocked if OJ does anything knowing that any earnings go to Goldman and he somehow thinks he owes them nothing, he's innocent in his eyes.

All true, but with all its faults, our justice system is still one of the best in the world. There are at least 150 other countries you wouldn't want to get arrested in.

The prosecution screwed the case up in every imaginable way, including the original filing in downtown LA, although there is some possibility the case would have been moved there from Santa Monica anyway for logistical reasons.. The prosecutors were way too overconfident that they had a slam dunk on their hands.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Yes, but jury trials are a joke. People are stupid and bias no matter the effort the jury selection process attempts.

Aside from the whole criminal trial, how did Goldman get a $33.5M judgement for the civil trial? That seems huge, like $50M in today's $$. The kid was a waiter. How did they justify that? Who gets that kind of judgement unless you really can justify your future earnings power.

I'd be shocked if OJ does anything knowing that any earnings go to Goldman and he somehow thinks he owes them nothing, he's innocent in his eyes.

It's true that bias, prejudice and relative socio-economic status enters into the process in all jury trials, but that's true everywhere else that a similar system of justice exists. There's nothing that can be done about that, unless you want to completely remove juries from the process. In that case, you've got one person, the judge, whose bias, prejudice and other factors influence their decision making. Either way, it's always going to be an imperfect system.

Reaction Score

Disagree. Juries usually get it right.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I can't believe the coverage this parole hearing got. Do this many people still care about OJ?
Sad thing is that, after Blacks getting screwed in court for generations, OJ, who got away with murder, wanted nothing to do with the Black community or causes
getting screwed or making bad choices then compound their life choices with poor legal decisions? My buddy is a public defender, he's always telling me about the absurd sentences his black defendents get. But he says the blacks he represents cause a lot of it themselves. They never take his advice, never take plea deals, lie to him, always want to take the stand, end up turn on him and accusing him of working for the state. Just create a toxic legal environment that insures they serve the maximum sentence. Says he rarely has these issues with Whites, Asians, Hispanics.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Sad thing is that, after Blacks getting screwed in court for generations, OJ, who got away with murder, wanted nothing to do with the Black community or causes

He never did.

A bigger uncle Tom you couldn't find.

OJ was just the convenient vessel to make a statement with.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He never did.

A bigger uncle Tom you couldn't find.

OJ was just the convenient vessel to make a statement with.

He didn't get along with anyone though. Was reportedly a huge dick.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

It's not just earnings though, no? There's the 'pain and suffering' component as well, which is probably the more important metric, in murder cases especially, where, in reality, the monetary value is infinite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom