OT - Notre Dame Academic Probe | The Boneyard

OT - Notre Dame Academic Probe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another holier-than-thou school that does things "the right way" goes down in flames.

C

Chief00

Whatever academic cheating by athletes that gets uncovered goes on at nearly every school. Athletes submitting papers written by others - we all live in glass houses on that one.

Reaction Score
Emmert has ruled that the offending players must say 3 Hail Mary's and an Act of Contrition.

Reaction Score
Emert will give us the death penalty for this.
He'll punish ND by vacating their loss to us. In the press conference he'll say...."this is what happens when you diss me in 2011 and 2014!"

Reaction Score
I am not a ND fan, but I applaud them for doing something about this..... it wasn't always the case in South Bend, where if you were an athlete, you got a free pass.

I am not surprised that this sort of thing surfaces on occasion.... and nobody is immune.... scandal hit West Point a few years back with violation of the honor policy, and problems at Harvard hoops caused a couple of semester long suspensions last year, including their captain..... I think I have the facts right on that one..... if not it is pretty close

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Emmert will try to dig up some dirt on a paid-for hamburger at Roy Rogers consumed by Oliver Macklin in 1992 and all of our championships will be vacated.

Reaction Score
Certainly NOT an ND lover, but they can never go to a FF let alone win the Big One because ESPN's top 100 kids don't have many they can accept. Kelly wants the school to provide the players with "more resources". Tutors?

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Whatever academic cheating by athletes that gets uncovered goes on at nearly every school. Athletes submitting papers written by others - we all live in glass houses on that one.
Exactly, but when UConn alone gets a postseason ban over something basically everyone is doing, we're allowed to complain about it.
It's not complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin