OT: Notorious BIG gets his # retired | The Boneyard

OT: Notorious BIG gets his # retired

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Boneyard Offseason.

Yesterday, the Barclay's Center retired #72 in honor of the Notorious BIG. Sean "Diddy" Combs reacted by tweeting "I can't believe this just happened!! #wemissyouBIG God is the greatest! BIG forever!"

Yup. Thank God!!!

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Selling and doing drugs. Weapons and violence jacket, high school dropout.

Hell, under those terms they should hang my number right next to his. Maybe they are waiting for me to get shot first?

::drives to Hartford::
There's a lesson in here somewheres about the relative value of gangsta rap vs. doing Dead and Dylan covers, Augie.

I don't like what that lesson implies any more than you do.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Biggie Smalls was the man. I was on Spring break in Florida when his last album "Life After Death" came out. The album cover showed his funeral. Talk about foreshadowing. His death marked the end of my youth and the start of being a responsible adult. It was sad because I admired him and also sad because I became a responsible adult.....

Reaction Score
Coming from the guy who says he can't walk through Hartford in broad daylight without having to dodge bullets.

Again, not sure what that has to do with the color of skin. Are you racist, bro?

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Biggie biggie small was the illest. Brooklyn showing love to Brooklyn.

Reaction Score
To answer the question, my guess is merchandising.

From what I've read it's because of his ties to "Brooklyn". Even know the Nets didn't play there when he was alive.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1. It's the Nets choice, they can hang whatever they want for whatever reason.
2. It's okay to ask aloud why a person who never played basketball for the Nets and doesn't have any direct connection is getting a number and jersey hung.
3. Neither #1 or #2 require anything to do with race.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I guess they did it because the Barclays center is right in the middle of Biggies neighborhood ( Bedstuy) and he's still beloved there. Its not a bad idea .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom