OT: North Campus | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: North Campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh wow, those are some good freakin stories! If I do half that stuff, I'd just drop out cause I'd have already conquered college (jk). But yeah, I'll try to post some of the better stuff I do this semester. And what's the rape thing?

Reaction Score
Then there was the time my guys stole a sheep from the ag school and brought it back to Fairfield 1st...

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I lived in New London 2002-03. Good times.

Best Memory: Epic snowball fight vs. Northwest freshmen. Like something out of braveheart.
2nd Best memory: Women's team wins National Championship. 3 people run into the quad and start cheering. All residents go to their windows to look out who these people are. Someone from across the quad yells "It's Just the Women!". Classic.

Chris? That snowball fight was incredible ... like a scene from Braveheart.

Reaction Score
Thanks all for the feedback! And yeah, it's a converted study lounge, so that means it'll be huge and possibly have it's own bathroom. I'm starting to understand the kind of luck I'm having, and I'm realizing that UConn is going to be better than my wildest dreams

My daughter's freshman year had her in a repurposed study lounge. Not enough room for 3 people but an oversized double and a lot more space than a standard dorm.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Bingo tykurez. We need to go to a game this season!

Definitely ... Alan and I were just talking about which ticket package to get this year. You usually come up for one or two right?

Reaction Score
Don't take 8a Intro to Film in Von Der Mehden. You'll get there about 1 out of 3 classes, and even when you do, you don't have a prayer of staying awake in that warm theater when they kill the lights.

If you are broke, and spend hours collecting bags of cans so that you can afford 1/2 a 30 pack of keystone light, be careful bringing it into your dorm. Red Headed RA's in NorthWest like to pretend they are keying into the car next to you so they can jump out when you pop the trunk and make you dump out every one. The alcohol 101 class at the hart house, consequently, is not bad.

If a group of kids on your floor smash every ceiling tile and rip out a sink, you'll have to pay approximately 45 dollars in repairs, even if you had nothing to do with it.

You are one of the closest dorms to hunting lodge road, where the majority of off campus housing is and therefore the majority of debauchery. Be safe, stay out of the street. Use the "Rape Trail." Although chances are they are calling it something different these days if they are squashing "the jungle."

Intro to Film with the professor who loved Showgirls and Starship Troopers? That class was a trap. The movies were Friday morning at 9 . And the test had questions like "in scene 4 act 3 what is the best way to describe the lighting". I think I got a 38 on the final and was lucky to get a C- as my final grade.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Intro to Film with the professor who loved Showgirls and Starship Troopers? That class was a trap. The movies were Friday morning at 9 . And the test had questions like "in scene 4 act 3 what is the best way to describe the lighting". I think I got a 38 on the final and was lucky to get a C- as my final grade.

That's the one. I too scraped by with a C-.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Pharmacy 101, if it still exists, is the best course ever.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Or if you are on the first floor and have a single... (for reasons that should be obvious)

Oh man I would hate that..... the amount of screaming drunk people that stumble up that sidewalk every night....

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

. That class was MW 9-10, F 8-10 in my day. Unbeliveably hard to make that Fri AM 8AM after nickel night at Huskies.

Reaction Score
Oh man I would hate that..... the amount of screaming drunk people that stumble up that sidewalk every night....

Strangely enough that wasn't an issue. Fairfield is on the side opposite of the bars, so most people came in the inside doors. But first floor windows were good for sneaking things in/out.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Strangely enough that wasn't an issue. Fairfield is on the side opposite of the bars, so most people came in the inside doors. But first floor windows were good for sneaking things in/out.

Oh that's right it's on the graveyard side right? Yeah that must be much quieter; only traffic is to/from Busby. They have thick, bolted-on metal screens on all the windows now, especially the basement floor windows, for that exact reason I imagine. Also drunk people passing out with windows open having stuff stolen

Reaction Score
Oh that's right it's on the graveyard side right? Yeah that must be much quieter; only traffic is to/from Busby. They have thick, bolted-on metal screens on all the windows now, especially the basement floor windows, for that exact reason I imagine. Also drunk people passing out with windows open having stuff stolen

Right. Makes sense though. There were break-ins over winter break. I had some stereo stuff stolen my junior year.

Reaction Score
the last spring weekend i attended i think was 04, i ended up hooking up with this chick in New London's bathroom on the floor..it was raining that night at X-lot...what a hot mess..:p

Reaction Score
And what's the rape thing?
The rape trail, is a trail that is off of hillside road next to Northwest. it is the trail you take to get to all the parties at Celeron and Carriage house. it used to be an obstacle course, for ROTC..i think. you'll get used to walking it. Lot fun times walking on that. Not sure anyone actually got raped on it, but since lots of drunk girls walking on it, late at night after parties, u get the picture...

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Oh man I will never forget spring weekend 09 my freshman year coming back from carriage this kid climbed way too high up a tree and couldn't figure his way down so he had to just let himself fall.

Pretty sure there have been a fair share of robberies and sexual assaults though before when it apparently wasn't as well lit as it is today.

Also 860 you swapped fluids on the floor of New London bathroom? I suggest you get tested for Hepatitis

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I heard that kids today (God that sounds like I'm old) don't call North "the Jungle" anymore and they don't call Northwest "Frats" anymore! Truth or was this a misinformed freshman that told me? And if so, why?

Reaction Score
I heard that kids today (God that sounds like I'm old) don't call North "the Jungle" anymore and they don't call Northwest "Frats" anymore! Truth or was this a misinformed freshman that told me? And if so, why?

"The Jungle" just faded away I'm pretty sure. My freshman year (08-09), Northwest was 100% freshman and all the frats either had houses or lived next to Towers in Husky Village.

North/Northwest is a great place for freshman. Everyone on my hall left their doors wide open and it was an awesome sense of community. My closest friends today are the ones I met on my hall freshman year.

Reaction Score
The school really worked hard to try and drop the jungle montra over recent years, I've been told. So it's not that on the students, it's actually because of the university that the label has disappeared.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Also the North dorms aren't all contiguous like they apparently were back when it was actually called the Jungle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom