OT: Nike was very much like, ‘Nah, we’re good,’ when it came to renewing Rutgers’ apparel deal. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Nike was very much like, ‘Nah, we’re good,’ when it came to renewing Rutgers’ apparel deal.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Nike doesn't make car magnets so they're not cashing in on 85% of RU merch sales.
FYI, you can get RU car magnets for free at Rutgers and a bunch of other places around the state.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Kyle Muncy‏ @UConnTrademark
Kyle Muncy Retweeted UConn Huskies
UConn Huskies‏Verified account @UConnHuskies
There is a new way to rep the Huskies! Customize iconic Nike's with #UConn colors and logo - exclusively with NIKEiD http://gonike.me/UConniD

UConn one of only 13 schools. Only available for order until April 10.

This is pretty self explanatory to me...IMHO at the end of the day Nike will not be out-bid on the next shoe/apparel contract.

I get an error message trying to go to that site.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I get an error message trying to go to that site.
Just search for Nike iD and you'll get there. Digging these... maybe not for $125 though. :)
IMG_3033.PNG

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It says Low College ID, shouldn't that be West Virginia?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I vaguely remember from my freshman year that the student charter or school charter said that Jonathan was supposed to be an all white husky with a blue eye like the original Jonathan. It bothered me way more than it should have when they switched the logo for some reason. Nothing against the new logo or mascot.. I think it's just nostalgia that makes me want the old log back.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yup - original 10 year deal was signed in 2008.

Oh we picked a great time for basketball and football to bottom out then. Thank God for Geno I guess. Hopefully we can get a nice bowl bid next fall and have a ranked hoops team by the time we renegotiate this deal.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Sigh, indeed. The artist who designed the old logo confirmed he modeled after his own samoyed. I'll try to find a reference.
No need. My point is that white huskies are not unicorns. Until this year we've had one as our actual mascot for something like fifty years. You could still use a similar logo but stuck with our unique white dog(@Penfield made a great version) rather than a generic version.

It is what it is though. I expect that it will cycle back around eventually.

Reaction Score
Somebody along the lines(WM, SH, BOT, Nike) said to hell with tradition, it's more important to be diverse and trendy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom