OT - "New York's College Team" | The Boneyard

OT - "New York's College Team"

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Syracuse didn't ask for the burden to carry the mantle of being NY's college team... oh wait never mind they branded themselves with that dubious monicker. So it'll be interesting to see how New York's Professional team (Brooklyn, I'm not talking about you) and their fanbase react to New York's College Coach criticizing the Knicks players, cocahes and front office. I have no problem with Boeheim defending his guy (Carmelo) but it seems like a big no-no for a coach to publicly rip players on another team, in another league. I guess he feels he's old, he's going to retire in a year or so and he doesn't give a * what Knicks fans and bball fans in NYC in general think, but I bet his AD wishes he kept his mouth shut!

Reaction Score
I don't find it surprising that Boeheim is vocally supporting the person who is responsible for his elevated status in coaching. Without Melo he is still a titleless coach that runs the zone and schedules a bunch of nobodies each year before Big East play.

Reaction Score
He is a dope for criticizing any Knicks players.....what would he know about the NBA they play man-to-man?!?!?:eek:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I was not surprised to see him defend his MarshMelo. They celebrate that guy like he parted the Finger Lakes up there in upstate New York. MarshMelo is the only recruiting tool that they have in trying to convince a 16-17 year old kid that playing a boring 2-3 zone (that is rarely played in the NBA) can get you into the NBA.

Reaction Score
So true Dooley......none of those guys can guard a chair when they have their cup of coffee in the NBA prior to exiting for stardom in the WNBA......oops I mean the NBDL..........

And it's not Melo's defense that keeps him above water that's for sure.......without the grab and hold defense allowed in the NBA his offense may not be enough!!;)

Reaction Score
I don't find it surprising that Boeheim is vocally supporting the person who is responsible for his elevated status in coaching. Without Melo he is still a titleless coach that runs the zone and schedules a bunch of nobodies each year before Big East play.

Badda Bing! Badda Boom!!!!! :D GO HUSKIES!!!
images

Reaction Score
Lol. A Rutgers (I think) fan on other forums said this about fan allegiance in NYC. Let's just say I disagree. If UConn is 4th in the NYC market for football, I'd say that there's definitely people that care about UConn basketball.

"It's Rutgers/Notre Dame/everyone else/who cares in football and Syracuse/everyone else/who cares in basketball. I don't think anyone cares about Penn State or UConn."

Reaction Score
Are there numbers for UConn's ratings in Fairfield County? There wouldn't be, right? Because it's included in the NYC market? I'm arguing with someone on some other forums who claims that UConn isn't even popular in Fairfield County, which I know to be bullshit.

Reaction Score
Are there numbers for UConn's ratings in Fairfield County? There wouldn't be, right? Because it's included in the NYC market? I'm arguing with someone on some other forums who claims that UConn isn't even popular in Fairfield County, which I know to be bull .

Yea UConn is pretty damn popular in Fairfield County. UConn basketball has better numbers than Syracuse does in NYC. If Syracuse was already "New York's College Team" then there wouldn't have been a need for the advertising campaign.

Reaction Score
I am sure we have street cred in NYC. If Carmelo's ex-coach throwing his whole pro team under the bus backfires on Carmelo...Syracuse might drop lower on the lists of elite Knicks fans' scholarship lists.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I am sure we have street cred in NYC. If Carmelo's ex-coach throwing his whole pro team under the bus backfires on Carmelo...Syracuse might drop lower on the lists of elite Knicks fans' scholarship lists.

Who has a more prestigious university?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If Syracuse was already "New York's College Team" then there wouldn't have been a need for the advertising campaign.

Yeah, but that works. Why was Michael Jackson "The King of Pop"? Because he said it (and insisited it be said) so often it stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom