OT - New D2 Stadium Being Built at Seaside Park for UB | The Boneyard

OT - New D2 Stadium Being Built at Seaside Park for UB

Reaction Score
I have a great relationship with the UB baseball staff. So, I’m excited for those guys. This has been in the works for a few years now. The Ballpark at HarborYard closing made it much easier because UB really had no field to call home.

Since Coach Tonelli arrived, UB has become a landing spot for a number of talented local kids who didn’t have D1 offers and D1 kids looking to transfer for more playing time. Coach T and his staff do a great job putting competitive, quality teams on the field every year. I know they’re excited about finally having a place to call home. UB has really done an amazing job upgrading the campus and the areas around it. Exciting times for the university. Looking forward to catching a few Purple Knights games in the new ballpark.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Drove by Seaside Park today, couldn't believe what I was seeing. This is probably going to become one fancy place. The batter faces southwest, looking at LI Sound. Home plate is maybe 6-700 feet from the water. Softball field is obviously already built next to it, to the northeast of the new baseball field.

I wouldn't be surprised if UB goes D1 one day.

Reaction Score
I'm actually very surprised the city of Bridgeport would turn one of the best areas of Seaside Park into ballparks. The opposite ends are the most beautiful areas, alongside the harbor and Fayerweather Island. I was thinking they'd put the stadium at the end of Iranistan Ave, around there, somewhere in the middle of the park.

Reaction Score
That field has been there for ever, I was coaching at UB back in the 90s and we had to stop a game until we could get a wedding out from CF where they were taking pictures.

Back then we wanted to put a fence around the OF and was told by the city that PT Barnum had put in a stipulation when he donated the land that no part of the park could be fenced in to keep people out. Im assuming that the stipulation has since expired.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom