OT: New Canaan up to 4 D1 commits | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: New Canaan up to 4 D1 commits

Reaction Score
Good to hear that baseball was king. I was captain of the baseball team and we were pretty good.

They made it to the state championship game this year. Lost but that's no small feat to get there

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nice! Wolcott HS '72 here. We didn't even have a football team then, but our soccer team was killer because that's where the athletes went. I'm the handsome guy in the back row. View attachment 32708
Varsity Basketball team?

Reaction Score
Lol....only record Ansonia has is most cupcake wins by 50 or more points. You don't gain respect by beating up tiny NVL teams like Seymour, Kennedy, Holy Cross and Wilby for the past 30 years.

As for Seymour-New Canaan and Demmerle-Rozum, I'll say that tiny Seymour had a nice little run in it's NVL league, and Rozum was their only big weapon and was good enough to play for BC, but you're comparing a pony to a Clydesdale. New Canaan had lots of weapons besides Demmerle, it's why they won 34 straight games in the toughest league in the state, and it's the reason Notre Dame recruited Demmerle, who won a national championship there and was a consensus first team all-american. If Rozum was so much better than Demmerle then I suggest you write to Notre Dame and tell them Ara Parseghian recruited the wrong guy. You valley homers kill me.

This is like shooting fish in a barrel!!!

“Clydesdale”....Got it.
"Peter couldn't run a 4.7 40 if he was charging downhill," his brother Mark says. "But he was smart."

You do know that the NVL didn’t exist back then, right??? And that Seymour didn’t join the NVL until the early 1990’s, right???

Mark Allen (QB) was pretty good at Seymour back then. Threw for over 4,926 yards and 64 TDs in his HS career. He went on to play at Cornell.
Mark Allen College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Are we done yet???

Reaction Score

“Clydesdale”....Got it.
"Peter couldn't run a 4.7 40 if he was charging downhill," his brother Mark says. "But he was smart."

You do know that the NVL didn’t exist back then, right??? And that Seymour didn’t join the NVL until the early 1990’s, right???

Mark Allen (QB) was pretty good at Seymour back then. Threw for over 4,926 yards and 64 TDs in his HS career. He went on to play at Cornell.

Are we done yet???
I played against Demmerle in high school and against Rozum in college. While Rozum was an OK player at BC, he was not a star there by any means. Demmerle was by far the better player IMO, certainly the best player I played against in high school.

Reaction Score

“Clydesdale”....Got it.

Are we done yet???
Only Mark Allen I know of was the all-american tight end who played for Trumbull HS on that great 1986 team they had. Ranked #1 in New England and #21 in the country. Another FCIAC club of course. Lol

Reaction Score

“Clydesdale”....Got it.

Are we done yet???

As much as it pains me to admit, Seymour was very good pre-NVL when they were in the Housatonic League. We had some epic battles with Ed Esson, Tom Heffernan, etc in the early 80s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom