OT: New Army Uniforms | The Boneyard

OT: New Army Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't get it..... They r black on black like what every other school is doing! What marketing crap, to pull in a WWII "tribute line" into the mix. A couple of years ago when Army rocked those digital camo helmets, THOSE were badass!! Then of course in TRUE marketing, follow the leader/latest trend fashion, Ohio State and other schools did the same thing......

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Unlike all the other teams who have followed the black uniform fad, this one fits them just right. It's their school colors, and they look like they are going into battle! Could easily be confused for a stealth bomber....assuming the stealth bombers know how to run the option...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well they answer one question. What to wear when losing to Navy again?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Well they answer one question. What to wear when losing to Navy again?

They should probably just quit. They shouldn't try to improve themselves or their image at all, because what's the point. What a bunch of losing losers...:eek:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They should probably just quit. They shouldn't try to improve themselves or their image at all, because what's the point. What a bunch of losing losers...:eek:

We are talking about their uniforms. Their image? They are the Army - does anyone base their opinion of the Army on the football uniforms that West Poiny wears?

I know I'm an outlier - if everyone just wore what they always wore forever I'd be quite happy.

Reaction Score
They definitely do. They've lost several close games this year and are better than their record would indicate. And the very nature of this game has the potential to swing the outcome either way regardless of the season either team is having. I'm a Navy vet though so I pull for the Middies.

Reaction Score
If this was a battle of uniforms, I would have to say Army wins, but thankfully it is not.

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY!!!

US Navy - 85-91
USS Saratoaga CV-60
Operation Desert Storm/Shield

Reaction Score
WP Grad (bigger UConn fan though) and usually do not like third jerseys but those are pretty sharp and up there with the Camo unis from a few years back.

Reaction Score
I don't love all the uniform changes, but this one at least is Army's official color, unlike say Rutgers. Black & Gold. Black Knights of the Hudson and all that. Not so sure the numbers will be very readable from much of anywhere. And the historical map? Inside the helmet and the shoes? I am assuming that isn't meant to be seen...Why bother with it if it serves no real purpose and can't be seen? Some of this stuff just is embarrassing.

Reaction Score
I don't love all the uniform changes, but this one at least is Army's official color, unlike say Rutgers. Black & Gold. Black Knights of the Hudson and all that. Not so sure the numbers will be very readable from much of anywhere. And the historical map? Inside the helmet and the shoes? I am assuming that isn't meant to be seen...Why bother with it if it serves no real purpose and can't be seen? Some of this stuff just is embarrassing.
"serves no real purpose" ? Freescooter, Read "Band of Brothers" by Stephen Ambrose (plagarism or not, great book). I would think any former or current member of the 101st Airborne would be honored to be recognized by being part of the game. The Ace of Deuces on the helmet is the best "change" I've yet seen and literally gave me the the chills when I heard about it. For all the gimmicky RU and Oregon style Uni changes out there, this one "serves a purpose" to honor the rich heritage of a unit this is still on the frontiers of freedom defending our right to make our petty comments about PP and GDL (well deserved). Army finally pulls one out 35-31.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Go Army! Time to beat the Midshipman and get the call from my brother for once "he is a Navy man"

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Might be a year Army beats Navy. Navy ain't that good, Army decent. 28-27 Knights.

Reaction Score
Another win for the Middies but I feel bad for Army. That's a terrible way to lose a game. Tremendous effort though and the uniforms came across real well, I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom