OT: NEVER get Frontier Cable. Ever! | The Boneyard

OT: NEVER get Frontier Cable. Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
All I wanted to do tonight was come home and order the Mayweather-Pacquio fight with my remote. I figured 3 minutes, tops.

The only problem is their website told me HD PPV is channel 1102. I don't get that channel. I get channel 102 but that's low def PPV.

So I call them to ask what Channel HD PPV is:

upload_2015-4-30_22-47-37.png

In this timeframe I was told:

1.) The fight is on HBO or Showtime
2.) There is no wrestling PPV this Saturday
3.) I've booked the fight for you and you can watch it on Channel 1102. "I don't get Channel 1102!"
4.) You'll start getting Channel 1102 5 minutes before the event starts. I think.
5.) Are you sure you have Frontier?
6.) You're talking about Mayweather versus Puh-kwy-ay, right?
7.) Please know that you are definitely getting the fight but we need to figure out what channel. My supervisor is here helping me. "Can I speak to him/her?". He's in his office.
8.) Yeah, I'm gonna put a service ticket in to have a technician get to the bottom of this. Lets hope they get out before the fight. Is there anything else I can help you with tonight?

Straight up pathetic. How have they not had meetings on this? You'd think everyone in that company would be well trained on how to grab $99.99 from anyone who calls.

Long story short, 10 minutes later I was watching the draft on ESPN and they showed a Frontier commercial. HD PPV is Channel 106.

Reaction Score
I was switched over from Uverse to Frontier and I have not had a single problem. If you pull up the channel guide, forward to Saturday at 9pm you will clearly see that channel 102 is the fight in regular TV, 103 is a second ppv channel and 106 is the fight in HD.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I was switched over from Uverse to Frontier and I have not had a single problem. If you pull up the channel guide, forward to Saturday at 9pm you will clearly see that channel 102 is the fight in regular TV, 103 is a second ppv channel and 106 is the fight in HD.

You'd think the Frontier website or customer service would know that.

Attachments

• upload_2015-4-30_23-38-22.png
    upload_2015-4-30_23-38-22.png
    365.9 KB · Views: 69
Reaction Score
What was the $$ difference btwn Std Def and HD on Frontier?.

It was $10 on Comcast.

Reaction Score
I have FIOS through Frontier. It's the best internet/phone/TV system I've ever had. I get every freaking sports channel known to man and their customer service is located right here where I live. The internet speed is phenomenal. I've been with them about 5 years and have no complaints. Which is too bad because I like to complain. Guess I'm just unlucky.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Hold up...is it $100 to watch the fight or is that what you pay a month? There's no level of boxing that I'd ever pay $100 for.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I switched Frontier to ditch Comcast, set up everything it seemed okay but when I tried to log into my account online, it wouldn't connect and gave an error. I call tech support, person says it should go through once I get my first bill. First bill comes, no luck. Call again, person transfers me to another department and the call gets dropped somehow. I call again, eventually get through, tech support says he has to elevate it to his supervisor and the account should get fixed in a few days and will call back. Few days go by nothing, I call again and go through the rigamarole again explaining what happened and this time I instruct the person to call me back when it goes through and she does fix it and call me back. They're not rude or anything, and the product is good, they just need an executive to come in and get the system organized better so that problems get handled faster and without having to call 3-4 times on one issue. Then again, Comcast is notorious for having the worst customer service in the industry, and the whole reason I wanted to dump them is because they were spending millions on lobbying Congress to approve their merger with Time-Warner and defeat net neutrality.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have FIOS through Frontier. It's the best internet/phone/TV system I've ever had. I get every freaking sports channel known to man and their customer service is located right here where I live. The internet speed is phenomenal. I've been with them about 5 years and have no complaints. Which is too bad because I like to complain. Guess I'm just unlucky.
Thank you, Mr. Frontier Knobpolisher.

Reaction Score
Hold up...is it $100 to watch the fight or is that what you pay a month? There's no level of boxing that I'd ever pay $100 for.

I said the same thing. I was going to go to local bar to watch it, but most are charging insane cover charges because of the fight.

Reaction Score
Johnny Mac said:

I dropped frontier after the crossover because my internet stopped working. I went back to Cablevision. I can't speak to the TV because I'm a DirecTV guy. But Cablevison's internet is 20x faster than Frontier. Meaning 100 MBPs v 5.

And you can't have FIOS through frontier because FIOS is Verizon and not ATT.

So I have no idea what you are talking about.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I dropped frontier after the crossover because my internet stopped working. I went back to Cablevision. I can't speak to the TV because I'm a DirecTV guy. But Cablevison's internet is 20x faster than Frontier. Meaning 100 MBPs v 5.

And you can't have FIOS through frontier because FIOS is Verizon and not ATT.

So I have no idea what you are talking about.
Frontier took over some Fios markets in other states (this guy must live out of state - Indiana?). I just can't imagine how inefficient an operation they are running.

And yes Frontier internet is just too slow to be able to stream multiple devices at once.

Reaction Score
UConn Dan said:
Frontier took over some Fios markets in other states (this guy must live out of state - Indiana?). I just can't imagine how inefficient an operation they are running. And yes Frontier internet is just too slow to be able to stream multiple devices at once.

That's good Intel. So we are talking apples and oranges.

Reaction Score
Johnny Mac said:
Yet you reply anyway. ;-)

And you replied when your situation doesn't even relate to the OP's problem. It is a well documented issue in CT that the Frontier / ATT switchover has been an unmitigated disaster.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was going to get my parents a tablet. I couldn't see the WEB ID on the box so I called and asked about it and was told that they need to install every Wifi device and they will come out for like $100. It's cheaper to buy them a router.

Reaction Score
And you replied when your situation doesn't even relate to the OP's problem. It is a well documented issue in CT that the Frontier / ATT switchover has been an unmitigated disaster.

4330880665.png

JMoney, my Frontier experience is different than the OP's. A contrast to his "NEVER get Frontier Cable. Ever!" It relates.

Reaction Score
Johnny Mac said:
JMoney, my Frontier experience is different than the OP's. A contrast to his "NEVER get Frontier Cable. Ever!" It relates.

You using Chrome as your browser?

Reaction Score
Johnny Mac said:

Frontier doesn't offer those speeds in CT. But good for you.

Here is before and after for me. Cablevision on top and Frontier at the bottom.

Attachments

• image-3741410881.jpg
    image-3741410881.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 61

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Speeds are slower here in CT, I had an old DOCSIS 2.0 with Comcast so couldn't go higher than the Blast (I think) tier. That was advertised as 25 mbps d/l but tested at 20. Frontier tests at 15 mbps.
408054.png

So it is slower, but at least streaming on one device with the DVR recording works fine. I probably can't remote desktop into work via VPN, but then that was too slow on Comcast too. Worth it for me, but for a family of 4+ I can see how it would be insufficient. But then you'd have to pay through the nose for 100 mbps anyway.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

You called the guy out and you were wrong. Why don't you eat it like a man instead of deflecting?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Sometimes, I wish the 'Yard had an option to 'like' actual thread titles.

And this is one of those times...

Reaction Score
junglehusky said:
Speeds are slower here in CT, I had an old DOCSIS 2.0 with Comcast so couldn't go higher than the Blast (I think) tier. That was advertised as 25 mbps d/l but tested at 20. Frontier tests at 15 mbps. So it is slower, but at least streaming on one device with the DVR recording works fine. I probably can't remote desktop into work via VPN, but then that was too slow on Comcast too. Worth it for me, but for a family of 4+ I can see how it would be insufficient. But then you'd have to pay through the nose for 100 mbps anyway.

Frontier was charging me 99 for Internet and phone (or ATT was) for the highest level of Internet they sold. Got the same deal from Cablevision and some of the tests I have run have been north of 100mbps. With three teenagers in the house you need a ton of bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom