OT: Nebraska loses to Iowa 56-14 | The Boneyard

OT: Nebraska loses to Iowa 56-14

Reaction Score
I'll bet the new AD fires the whole coaching staff tomorrow. Diaco has become the black cat of College Football.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They have to. If they wait beyond this weekend Frost won't be available.

Reaction Score
Finished 4-8. Worst season in 56 years.

"What's that? The AD wants a word with me? K, be there in a sec."

f64en6xua7qdxy3xzpoo

Reaction Score
The snowball is an avalanche now. Diaco’s defense gave up 542.6 yards and 55.3 points per contest over its final three games. Diaco said this season was harder than he expected but wouldn’t say, because he’d be presented as an “excuse-maker.” When asked what he would have done differently this season, Diaco gave a similar response.

“The image of me is 180 degrees opposite of what’s real,” Diaco said. “I’m not sure you guys know that. I’ve tried these answer questions like this and I’ve had my skull crushed for each time I ever do it. I want to be better, I want to get better, I feel bad I didn’t help the players more than I could have.”

The defensive coordinator said he was in awe of so many Husker fans turning out on Black Friday to watch the game. That passion and those fans, Diaco said, are why Nebraska football won’t stay down long.

“This will get fixed,” Diaco said. “This will get fixed. The people of the university, and the people of the state, it’s too strong, it’s too good, it’s too awesome. And it will be back up with the top echelon programs in the country. I don’t have a doubt about that.”

Bleak Friday: Nebraska falls apart in second half against Iowa to finish with worst record in 56 years

Reaction Score
Nebraska first-year defensive coordinator Bob Diaco, who prefaced his postgame comments by saying that he hasn’t always been good at communicating his thoughts during media interviews, said he believes that his defensive unit isn’t as bad as the final score might indicate.

“As I’ve said, there are some spaces and the scoreboard is not always — in fact, sometimes it is rarely exactly as large as the gap is,” Diaco said. “Really, it’s much smaller and that’s the case here. There are things that need to get fixed.

“In a year like we’ve had and in a moment like that, the third quarter gets played and I don’t have a photographic memory, but it seemed like the ball was either at midfield or beyond most of that 15-minute stretch. Right now, we’re not firing on enough cylinders to put a cork on that thing.”

“You’re looking and you’re thinking, ‘OK, we got the stop and we’re getting ready to go ahead 21-7,’ and then, (a) blunder (and) we’re back on the field right there at the end with a minute left to play in the half,” Diaco said. “Rather than 21-7, it’s 14-14 and then the second half begins the way it began.”

With most presuming that Nebraska head coach Mike Riley will be fired sometime on Saturday, the future of the Husker assistant coaches is also in doubt. But despite the difficult season, Diaco praised NU fans and said the people of Lincoln have treated him and his family with class.

“As hard as it has been, I’ve still been very comfortable,” Diaco said. “We dove in here. My kids all go to school here. My family, we live here and they’ve just been great.”

NU defense suffers second-half collapse

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It is beyond amazing that he even got the DC job there. Anyone who had remotely paid attention to college football over the last three years would have known that the guy is a straight up lunatic. If Nebraska is serous about football, he won't be there in a month...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
It is beyond amazing that he even got the DC job there. Anyone who had remotely paid attention to college football over the last three years would have known that the guy is a straight up lunatic. If Nebraska is serous about football, he won't be there in a month...
he, along with the rest of the staff, will be released tomorrow.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Wonder if any program, most likely smaller program, takes a chance on him. I’m shocked he landed at such a high level program immediately after his disastrous tenure here. Then again, maybe Nebraska just thought he wasn’t a good HC and could still be a solid DC. I think this year showed he is completely worthless. Don’t think he’ll resurface at a major program again.

Reaction Score
This game was broadcast in Sirius-XM with the Nebraska feed. Got out of work at 7 P.M. & caught the last 5 minutes of the game while driving home. The color commentator is a former Huskers player. He was raking the staff over the coals at every opportunity. He was lenient on the athletic department though. He stated that, whereas in the past the department hadn't had the football team as a priority, the current administration is a collection football people & said that he firmly believes that they will "get it right." He firmly believed that the current staff would be canned by the end of the weekend.

Reaction Score
Wonder if any program, most likely smaller program, takes a chance on him. I’m shocked he landed at such a high level program immediately after his disastrous tenure here. Then again, maybe Nebraska just thought he wasn’t a good HC and could still be a solid DC. I think this year showed he is completely worthless. Don’t think he’ll resurface at a major program again.

And it wasn't just nebraska. Arkansas fans were upset when nebraska got him before they did. Amazing after his 3 years here, he was able to hand pick whatever DC job he wanted.

Reaction Score
Thanks to UConn grad & former player, Iowa Head Coach Kirk Ferentz. Appreciate the Red Pants beatdown.
If he does end up at a major college it will be back at Iowa or Notre Dame as a linebacker coach, but even that would be a surprise. Even Ferentz or Kelly I think would not trust him with the entire defense.

Reaction Score
I sure as hell can't see him as a coordinator anywhere after this flop. He may need to go the Al Golden route and try and find an NFL position coach job. I can't imagine any college wanting him around right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom