ot: ND-Syracuse | The Boneyard

ot: ND-Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SU pass defense is absolutely brutal. And the Irish have some excellent receivers. Meanwhile, Syracuse can score, except they will not be able to match ND's ability to put up points.

We should have thrown 60 times last week.

Reaction Score
SU pass defense is absolutely brutal. And the Irish have some excellent receivers. Meanwhile, Syracuse can score, except they will not be able to match ND's ability to put up points.

We should have thrown 60 times last week.
We would have but his feet told him to run.

Reaction Score
We would have but his feet told him to run.

kind of a bull-spit thing to say. 3 RJ runs inside 10 before the 4th-down option. The RJ runs weren't Shirreffs call

Reaction Score
kind of a bull-spit thing to say. 3 RJ runs inside 10 before the 4th-down option. The RJ runs weren't Shirreffs call[/QUOTE

But not BS when you look at 51 carries for 72 yards in the last 3 games though? I mean I get they call a few and he's forced a few but 51? Ridiculous, they guy likes to keep it and gives up way too early on plays.

Reaction Score
But not BS when you look at 51 carries for 72 yards in the last 3 games though? I mean I get they call a few and he's forced a few but 51? Ridiculous, they guy likes to keep it and gives up way too early on plays.

Serious question. Is offense failing because of Verducci or Shirreffs? If it's shared responsibility, what's the split -- 50-50 60V-40S, etc. etc.?

Reaction Score
Serious question. Is offense failing because of Verducci or Shirreffs? If it's shared responsibility, what's the split -- 50-50 60V-40S, etc. etc.?

I give it 25 Verducci, 25 Sherrifs and 50 the oline

Reaction Score
Crazy game and absolutely no coverage in the local media. At least Rutgers' whitewashing by Ohio St at least got a 10 second note on the 7 PM local NYC news.

Reaction Score
O-line hasn't been that bad to be honest. Not the last two, anyway. The more I watch, I just don't think Sherrifs is good. I put at least 75% of it on him.

Yeah I'm being overly critical, but the oline has not opened up any holes for the running backs at all. I remembr when we used to be on the one yard line and knew that no matter who was running that ball, he's getting into the end zone. I'm probably just frustrated at the season so far.

Reaction Score
O-line hasn't been that bad to be honest. Not the last two, anyway. The more I watch, I just don't think Sherrifs is good. I put at least 75% of it on him.
The line isn't perfect but they have created some nice pockets. I still have hope for getting to a bowl game.

Reaction Score

Oh it's shared no doubt it's not at all on Shireffs alone,, not close. On the OC and HCBD probably more than BS. Doesn't excuse him for folding the tent too early on plays though, that's all I'm saying.

Reaction Score
Love this question. I like shirreffs toughness, his willingness to throw the team on his shoulders, and a will to win.

But, I just don't know that he is enough of a threat behind center. He isn't consistent enough with his throws and he is prone to tuck and run.

With this much talent at WR and TE, would really like a qb that could expose them.
I don't see the offense getting much better with BS as the qb. Move him to fullback or something where he could cause some wrinkles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom