OT: NCAA Women's Volleyball Tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: NCAA Women's Volleyball Tournament

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Washington came back from the dead to beat Louisville in 5.

sad card.jpg

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Washington better win it all to make up for how bad the rest of the PAC has been.
I can't see it happening. Their level of play has left much to be desired. Probably should've lost both matches.

Can your Card get back to normal next year and carry the flag for the rest of the conference please?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
We get another Texas-Nebraska match next round. Always fun. I'm fairly sure there's still plenty of dislike left for each other even though the Huskers left the Big 12 quite a while ago.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
We get another Texas-Nebraska match next round. Always fun. I'm fairly sure there's still plenty of dislike left for each other even though the Huskers left the Big 12 quite a while ago.
Should be an awesome game. Hopefully Stivrins can play. Should be the match to watch tomorrow, although I'm very intrigued by Pitt vs. Washington too. Pitt is no joke and Washington has looked shaky.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Should be an awesome game. Hopefully Stivrins can play. Should be the match to watch tomorrow, although I'm very intrigued by Pitt vs. Washington too. Pitt is no joke and Washington has looked shaky.
Yeah there's no way I'm overlooking Pitt after they've already taken out two seeded teams. I don't UW will take them for granted either.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Pitt handily outplaying Washington so far, up 2-0.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Brutal way to go out. Congrats to Washington, winning 3 straight 5 setters is no easy task. Hope to see them play Kentucky in the semis.

Brutal Brutal Brutal... gotta feel for #11 who put that last serve into the net. I don't follow women's volleyball too much, but I can't remember the last time a ACC squad made the semi's.. if ever. Pitt had their chance

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Brutal Brutal Brutal... gotta feel for #11 who put that last serve into the net. I don't follow women's volleyball too much, but I can't remember the last time a ACC squad made the semi's.. if ever. Pitt had their chance
Maybe 10ish years ago or so Florida St., North Carolina and Duke all had solid volleyball programs, I think there must've been at least one Final 4 from that group, but I'm not positive.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My goodness, the Huskies keep living dangerous and surviving. First Final 4 for Coach Cook, 5th in school history.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not only did Washington win, but Texas just took out Nebraska! Couldn't possibly be a better outcome today (well unless Wisconsin and Purdue both lose, but I'm good w/ the first 2 outcomes).

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Not only did Washington win, but Texas just took out Nebraska! Couldn't possibly be a better outcome today (well unless Wisconsin and Purdue both lose, but I'm good w/ the first 2 outcomes).
If I'm Washington I'd much rather face Purdue than Kentucky. Kentucky looks ridiculously good right now.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If I'm Washington I'd much rather face Purdue than Kentucky. Kentucky looks ridiculously good right now.
I just like seeing Big 10 teams ousted, I wasn't even thinking about the potential matchup. UW has been living on borrowed time, eventually they're not gonna get away with digging themselves in a hole like they've been doing.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Florida forced a 5th set against Wisconsin and was up 9-6, but the Badgers came storming back to win 15-12. I don't have anything against Wisconsin in particular, but I would've loved to see the Big 10 shut out of the Final 4. Oh well.

Reaction Score
The wait continues for a female coach to take a team all the way to the title in Volleyball. Mary Wise was the last one standing with Florida, and she’s also one who’s come closest making the finals in 2017.

Reaction Score
I watched Texas vs Nebraska. It was a great match, particularly for a Longhorn fan, of course. But i thought it was really high level volleyball played by both teams.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Florida forced a 5th set against Wisconsin and was up 9-6, but the Badgers came storming back to win 15-12. I don't have anything against Wisconsin in particular, but I would've loved to see the Big 10 shut out of the Final 4. Oh well.
That was a thrilling set. I wonder if the Wisconsin volleyball team could be the Wisconsin basketball team at the sport of basketball. (No offense intended to the bball team, just complimenting the volleyball team! Besides, the basketball team is going to look very different next year.)

bballnut90

Reaction Score
That was a thrilling set. I wonder if the Wisconsin volleyball team could be the Wisconsin basketball team at the sport of basketball. (No offense intended to the bball team, just complimenting the volleyball team! Besides, the basketball team is going to look very different next year.)
Rettke played basketball....she probably wouldve done quite well had she stuck with it. 6-8 girls that coordinated and mobile just dont exist.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom