OT: NCAA Women's Championship in.... | The Boneyard

OT: NCAA Women's Championship in....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bored, flipping around the channels and I come across the NCAA Women's Bowling championship on ESPNU. Bowling? And then I wondered...are these girls on scholarship? Have any schools ever had any recruiting violations, like buying pizza and (root) beer for a recruit? Are there APR requirements to be met for bowling teams?

These girls are INTENSE! And darn good bowlers!

I don't know why it strikes me as funny. I guess it is just not something I would think of as a college sport. I don't suppose there is college curling? Now that is a sport I could get hooked on and would give UConn basketball some competition for my viewing time. :)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
One of several really unexpected sports that championships are offered in. Bowling only for women; but there is shooting, fencing, skiiing, etc.

IIRC Nebraska? Wisconsin? one of them was good in bowling.

Reaction Score
One of several really unexpected sports that championships are offered in. Bowling only for women; but there is shooting, fencing, skiiing, etc.

IIRC Nebraska? Wisconsin? one of them was good in bowling.
Nebraska...they mentioned it last night many, many times. Univ. Maryland Eastern Shore won their third NC in bowling, tying Nebraska.

Yes, I WAS that bored last night. Watched the whole thing. Fairleigh Dickinson came up just short of a dramatic comeback. A couple of nasty splits and open frames did them in.

Darn, I miss curling...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
At this rate we will run out of puns before next season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
On a serious note (for a change), the Bowling Hall of Fame is in St. Louis, next to Busch Stadium. The intersections around it are convoluted, so make sure you are in the right lane because there will be no time to spare to cut through traffic.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Next thing you know, ETT will be using this thread as an opportunity to claim Mulkey was framed.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
At this rate we will run out of puns before next season.

We ran out weeks ago. But, in the spirit of a typical slow off-season, I"ll toss one out.

Mahatma Ghandi never wore shoes, so his feet were intensely calloused.

He ate from a very strange diet that not only kept him skinny but caused him to have horribly bad breath.

Thus: [Read next post.]

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
We ran out weeks ago. But, in the spirit of a typical slow off-season, I"ll toss one out.

Mahatma Ghandi never wore shoes, so his feet were intensely calloused.

He ate from a very strange diet that not only kept him skinny but caused him to have horribly bad breath.

Thus:

A super calloused fragile mystic hexed by hallitosis.

Reaction Score
On a serious note (for a change), the Bowling Hall of Fame is in St. Louis, next to Busch Stadium. The intersections around it are convoluted, so make sure you are in the right lane because there will be no time to spare to cut through traffic without striking something.

Fixed it for ya :D

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I ran into a friend at the super Marquette and asked what I could do to make these puns stop ... she recommended a prayer to the Trinity...it's just like her, always calling on God to Baylor out.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Holy Toledo! Let's get back on the subject, i.e., as a dyslexic might say, the mighty aok from the tiny akron grows.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think this topic is a Fairfield, though some can't Stanford it and would like it ended Sooner rather than later.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
If we're including mascots in the fray, I Volunteer to stop because we're breaking the Cardinal rule of good taste. Otherwise we'll just Ram silly sentences down each other's throats all Knight. Orange you glad you glad I've got to get a little one ready for bed, so I need to Duck out now?

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Miami miffed. Wonkster started off with Bowling Green, I picked up with Kent State, then FairView kept the Mid-America Conference going with Ball State and I added Ohio, Toledo, Akron, and now Miami of Ohio. Not much left but Buffalo, Central,Eastern, and Western Michigan, and Northern Illinois. Let's see what you slackers can do with those. :cool:

Don't make the puns too shiny, though. Buffalo gloss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom