OT- NCAA Suspends Houston PG Rob Gray For Playing In Church League Game | The Boneyard

OT- NCAA Suspends Houston PG Rob Gray For Playing In Church League Game

Reaction Score
These guys in the ncaa are starting to ruffle my feathers. You know what happens to people when they ruffle my feathers??

Reaction Score
OK, so a little investigation turns up something in the NCAA bylaws. Specifically "NCAA Bylaw 30.15 Summer Basketball".

f) Revenue. No admission shall be charged for any game, no fee shall be charged for parking to attend any game, no revenue shall be realized at any game from raffles or similar activities, and no revenue shall be realized from the over-the-air or cable television or radio rights fees for any game.

Sure it's only $5. But if I was a cynic, I might suspect that the NCAA was very concerned to make sure that no one makes any money off an NCAA athlete except the NCAA. Precedents are precedents, after all.

If I was a cynic.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who doesn't see this as a huge deal? I mean we get why they can't play in summer games that charge money right? It borders on "professional" play, like if a European kid was playing on a pro team there at age 17. It's 1 game, not a big deal

They have to have a rule somewhere, otherwise kentuckys 1 and dones would be paid to play in "Blue games" or some where a few local clowns charge $20 for tickets.

There's a difference between playing pickup games with your buddies and an advertised game with refs and such. Had he been suspended longer it would be horseshit, but I'd have supported it if it meant we got to play them with Gray sitting out

Reaction Score
How did they even find this out?

Did he really only play in 1 game?

You find this out but your blindsided by players being paid by agents?

Lol, obviously you knew about the agents!!

Selective discipline, it will never stop, go listen to Bob Knight explain how Wooden & UCLA cheated all those years.

Reaction Score

I love Jay but as soon as it is confirmed about Slick Rick knowingly being part of the sneaker $$$$$ we do need to hear something from him also. If you're stupid enough to believe the man you do need to let everyone know you made a judgement error on this one. Sorry not part of the Gray thread just needed to say it after I saw Jay's response, which is a good one on this topic.

Reaction Score
To play devil’s advocate, decades of organized cheating and funneling athletes to made up classes in order to maintain eligibility does not rise up to the level of a pre-paid FIVE.....yes I said it FIVE DOLLARS church league entry fee. You just don’t thumb your nose like that at the NCAA. You just can’t be so blatant!

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Can't give UConn a decision on Sid Wilson after several months, but are suspending a basketball player for playing a basketball game.

You can't even put into words how blasphemous that is. What goes on in the NCAA office?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I don't think people paid to watch the game. There was a $5 registration fee someone else on the team paid.
Not Capable of Administrating Anything

Reaction Score
Much worse than faking grades. He should be suspended for the season.
Agreed! This is one of the most disgusting things ive seen in a long time. Houston should get the death penalty and honestly i think this kid is an absolute thug and is heading down a very dark path that will ultimately end in tragedy. Thank the good lord! the Ncaa is on top of such serious violations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom