OT: NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships...

Reaction Score
In Missouri the schools are having trouble filling youth football teams. We're talking Missouri here. Soccer, Lacrosse and even the pathetically weak sport of Baseball are growing.

Reaction Score
Youth teams should die out. Who the heck in the right mind wants their little kids to be violent on a field with other kids?

Reaction Score
Youth teams should die out. Who the heck in the right mind wants their little kids to be violent on a field with other kids?
This was my point... lots of parents are refusing to let their kids play. No players, soon no teams.

Reaction Score
This was my point... lots of parents are refusing to let their kids play. No players, soon no teams.
Who said the high school level will die out? Players can start in their junior and senior years. When football was originally created amongst colleges, there was no high school or organized youth football as there's been now.

Football was traditionally a game for grown people. Pop Warner made a big mistake in helping with youth football. It can easily be sustained by starting to develop players at the high school level.

Reaction Score
Eventually, hitting will be eliminated from football all together. The game will be played in shorts and tee shirts, maybe safety googles so no one gets poked in the eyes. Just a big game of flag football. Think how much money the schools will save not having to buy equipment.

Reaction Score
I assume some are aware; Rentschler Field will host the lacrosse titles in 2021 and 2022. With Fairfield University being the hosting school.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Who said the high school level will die out? Players can start in their junior and senior years. When football was originally created amongst colleges, there was no high school or organized youth football as there's been now.

Football was traditionally a game for grown people. Pop Warner made a big mistake in helping with youth football. It can easily be sustained by starting to develop players at the high school level.

Of course it dies out. My town in CT killed the kids feeder programs when I was young, I never learned, and by the time I got to high school that high school program closed too. Somers High, CT. Last supported team, 1985.

Without you programs, like Pop Warner and SAFL where I am (Springfield/Western MA) kids get no chance to love the game when they are young. Playing is not as fun later, and there is a LOT to learn about everything. When you get into teaching and coaching, you see how hard it is to get kids to get into it.

If you want them to love the game and stay in it, they need a chance to learn it, tackling safely when they are wrapped up in pads as large as they are.

Reaction Score
Of course it dies out. My town in CT killed the kids feeder programs when I was young, I never learned, and by the time I got to high school that high school program closed too. Somers High, CT. Last supported team, 1985.

Without you programs, like Pop Warner and SAFL where I am (Springfield/Western MA) kids get no chance to love the game when they are young. Playing is not as fun later, and there is a LOT to learn about everything. When you get into teaching and coaching, you see how hard it is to get kids to get into it.

If you want them to love the game and stay in it, they need a chance to learn it, tackling safely when they are wrapped up in pads as large as they are.
It'll most likely stay alive somehow. If MMA can get up and going and survive, so can football. I very highly doubt people will stop watching football. If they don't, there'll always be he allure of pay.

The NFL wouldn't be looking at London if that venture is going to lose money.

Reaction Score
Its a growing sport, unlike football which will be outlawed due to concussions within your lifetime.
Yeah because combat sports in which the sole object is to commit bodily harm (most sought after being concussion) to your opponent have been outlawed, so we have a solid precedent.

Reaction Score

Football is an athlete’s sport. It has technical aspects, but it’s not as technical as other sports. How many times have we seen players from outside football try it out on whim and play at a high level.

Football isn’t like basketball, soccer and baseball in that regard. I don’t see why anyone should play full contact before 9th grade.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

I think a lot of us are looking at this idea of football dying out from a Northeast perspective. I know Zoo gave the Missouri example but football is a way of life in the south and a lot of the Midwest. I can't see something that's so engrained in their culture just going away.

I don't have the numbers, but I'd be shocked if youth football participation was dropping as much in the south as it is in the Northeast.

Reaction Score
Football will not be outlawed. C'mon. Have you seen the TV ratings the NFL draws? London (England, not Ontario) will have a team very soon. Politicians will not outlaw the game of gridiron football. That was considered over 100 years ago.
It won't be outlawed, however more and more parents are not going to permit their kids to play it at the HS level, thus there will be a declining pool of players.

Reaction Score
It won't be outlawed, however more and more parents are not going to permit their kids to play it at the HS level, thus there will be a declining pool of players.
When scholarship and NFL money talk, they'll change their tunes.

Reaction Score
Yeah because combat sports in which the sole object is to commit bodily harm (most sought after being concussion) to your opponent have been outlawed, so we have a solid precedent.
Individual sports will still be violent. I think team sports will change. Just my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom