OT: NCAA May Be Forced To Come Down Hard on UNC & Williams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: NCAA May Be Forced To Come Down Hard on UNC & Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The 'good old boy' schools are protected by the NCAA unfortunately. It was interesting watching ESPN's '30 for 30' and how SMU football became a scapegoat because she wasn't considered a premiere program with a tradition to fall back on. They would have never impaled a historic program like Alabama or Texas if the tables were reversed. No way in hell.
Not tradition. Fanbase and TV money. SMU was one of those schools in a power conference that had the least to lose and have the means to recover. Their recent HC hire indicates they still care about football. Imagine if Wake Forest got the death penalty, instead.

Reaction Score
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/s...ule=Recommendation&src=rechp&WT.nav=RecEngine

One issue that gets a bit of play in the film is an academic fraud scandal at North Carolina; for nearly two decades, the university allowed students — about half of them athletes — to take phony courses and receive artificially high grades from the African and Afro-American studies department. Although the fraud began while Smith was still coaching, the investigation did not ensnare him.

“We had to include that,” Greenburg said. “But the scandal didn’t touch him. The African-American studies department ran amok without him knowing.”

Reaction Score
College basketball has been a cesspool for decades. Worse than SEC football. It's just starting to come out.
Nothing is worse than SEC football. When I was in college in Florida a century ago Florida players were being paid about $125 through alumni and that was in the Spurrier days.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nothing is worse than SEC football. When I was in college in Florida a century ago Florida players were being paid about $125 through alumni and that was in the Spurrier days.

SEC football is not just dirty, it is scary. The amount of criminal activity by players that is covered up or condoned should be enough for any parent to not send their kids to an SEC school. Theft rings, drug dealing, gang rapes, literally anything goes at those programs.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
SEC football is not just dirty, it is scary. The amount of criminal activity by players that is covered up or condoned should be enough for any parent to not send their kids to an SEC school. Theft rings, drug dealing, gang rapes, literally anything goes at those programs.

So if you think the games are fixed and everyone is a criminal - why do you follow college sports?

Reaction Score
Games are not fixed whaler but this UNC academic mess sure show the sleazy side of college sports and there is so much more out there going on. I watch the games cause I like the competition and drama of sports. I still think unc will come out of this with out to much damage and Emmert and the Ncaa will apologize for anything they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom