OT - NCAA Frozen Four | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - NCAA Frozen Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I figured. I shook his hand twice and he never had a problem with me, surprisingly. But I know he's not well-liked. Another championship in CT would outlast him.

Reaction Score
Mass-Lowell up 1-0 on QU start of the 2nd...winner goes to Tampa with Denver, BC, and North Dakota.

QU wins 4 to 1 over UMass-Lowell. So its QU versus BC and North Dakota versus Denver in the Frozen Four in 2 weeks. Should be a lot of fun, except its in Tampa.

Reaction Score
Would rather hell freeze over than see BC get number 6. QU has a good shot to beat them, but if he's not careful and doesn't prepare absolutely brilliantly, York will coach circles around Pecknold. In order to beat BC this time of year, you have to know every one of the little ticks York teaches his players and teach your players how to prevent them and respond to them. If I had a dime for every NCAA game I've watched where I saw a BC goal against an unsuspecting opponent 15 seconds before it happened, I could pay off my student loans.

Both DU and UND are playing extraordinarily well, though I'd give the edge to the Sioux. DU's opposition this weekend wasn't nearly as good as UND's. DU could've won the opening round with their hands tied behind their back. The most talent-loaded FF in a long, long time.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Remember the old UConn hockey barn? I swear the only way to make it through those games on February night was to be drunk.

I remember playing there as a kid. Having to walk through the lobby and past the wood stoves to get onto the ice. Really crazy setup. Fast ice.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I remember playing there as a kid. Having to walk through the lobby and past the wood stoves to get onto the ice. Really crazy setup. Fast ice.
We used to have 5am Sat morning practices there. One morning, it was -15 with the wind chill. Our assistant coach had so much frozen spit and snot on his beard he looked like Santa.

Reaction Score
We used to have 5am Sat morning practices there. One morning, it was -15 with the wind chill. Our assistant coach had so much frozen spit and snot on his beard he looked like Santa.
I remember practicing there at that time as a kid....I also remember vividly how the water collected on the end near the road when it rained...a few times as a kid...and as an adult playing in a night men's league there I took off for that corner as the puck was cycled around hard and ended up feeding it out front for a goal. The common question I was always asked by the guys who didn't know that rink "what were you doing..and you got lucky..."

Reaction Score
Anyone other than bcu or Quinny, but certainly prefer state school North Dakota over Denver and the other schools.

Reaction Score
I know I'm gonna take flack for this here but I'm rooting for BC and HE to win the Frozen Four. I do this for any post season games that UConn isn't in. Jerry York is as classy a coach as there is and I like the way his team plays the game. As for QU..I used to like Pecknold a lot, until I saw his act and the act of his kids on the ice up-close and personal this year. Now I understand why Claver went on his rant and tried to go after him last year.

Reaction Score
I know I'm gonna take flack for this here but I'm rooting for BC and HE to win the Frozen Four. I do this for any post season games that UConn isn't in. Jerry York is as classy a coach as there is and I like the way his team plays the game. As for QU..I used to like Pecknold a lot, until I saw his act and the act of his kids on the ice up-close and personal this year. Now I understand why Claver went on his rant and tried to go after him last year.

I don't really follow college hockey but if you're rooting for BC, is it safe to assume they are playing the ISIS? And you struggled with the decision?

Yeah, I know BC is in our hockey conferences, but I don't think I could actually force myself to root for them in anything, unless the lives of at least one million innocent people were at stake. And then I"d struggle with it.

Reaction Score
blocked.

Reaction Score
I assume Michigan and/or BC -who will need to replace their near-retirement coaches relatively soon- will be going after Pecknold (among others)?

Reaction Score
Congrats to the Q - hope they win it all this time.

Reaction Score
Levy from ESPN just said "CT is the State of Hockey". Take that Minnesota!!
Speaking of CT hockey...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Since I'm the mush I'll root for QU now. Hopefully my end result is the same..QU doesn't win.

Reaction Score
jebus, they haven't even won the NC yet. Oh, college...

Reaction Score
Celebrating a bit too soon over there, ND is playing much better hockey than BC right now. Very uncharacteristic first 40 minutes of the game for BC last night, undisciplined, uninterested, lazy, and it showed in QU hanging three on them. Great job by the Q holding on at the end there when BC was pouring it on, they had a solid game plan coming into it, stuck to doing what they do best and won. That said, the hill to climb Saturday is much, much higher. ND's skill top to bottom is enormous, they roll four lines who can all dominate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom