Ot: NC ST vs ND | The Boneyard

Ot: NC ST vs ND

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Wolfpack defense pretty stout through the 1st. Currently suspended for weather.

Reaction Score
Wolfpack is right in this game with a min left in the half. Other than the 1 long run for a TD, ND hasn’t done much vs the NC State defense

Reaction Score
ND scored again but it was just due to some chaos and a lucky break. ND isn’t too much better than NC St and NC St isn’t too much better than us. We’ve come a long way under Mora. One area we seem to be lacking in is the super mature and older transfers. NC St has a couple guys that look 45.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Close one with a quarter and a half to go.
ND 17 NC State 10

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
NC State playing close to ND makes UConn look even better.
Yes and no. Armstrong is not a good QB if you make him throw. And he can't run vs ND. To me, that underscores just how winnable our game vs NC St was, and makes me wonder how and why our schemes continued to allow Armstrong to run amok in 2nd half after he'd already torched us in 1st. Sure, many of y'all say "better athletes", but we have a few guys on D who are well-regarded nationally, yet seemed powerless to do anything to stop Armstrong.

Reaction Score
Yes and no. Armstrong is not a good QB if you make him throw. And he can't run vs ND. To me, that underscores just how winnable our game vs NC St was, and makes me wonder how and why our schemes continued to allow Armstrong to run amok in 2nd half after he'd already torched us in 1st. Sure, many of y'all say "better athletes", but we have a few guys on D who are well-regarded nationally, yet seemed powerless to do anything to stop Armstrong.
To your point, another pick on Armstrong

Reaction Score
Officially we are an underdog to Georgia St. Nc State didn’t look that great again us last week. I figured ND by 17+ in this game.

Reaction Score
As I watch this, it becomes obvious we should have played much more aggressively. No bend don’t break, run it up the gut and spy the QB. Approach was terrible.

Reaction Score
The thought that just because something worked for the athletes ND had it would have worked if we tried it does not follow as the night the day.

Reaction Score
The thought that just because something worked for the athletes ND had it would have worked if we tried it does not follow as the night the day.
Agreed, but Armstrong can’t throw and we did nothing to stop him from running. Aside from that, our runs up the middle worked, but we kept running outside and doing trick plays. Our OL is our best feature, trust it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If @Hoophound, @HCCForever and myself had just come to that conclusion from watching the ND game, you'd have a point. But the three of us have been saying it all week, even in the chatroom.

I strongly believe in Mora and there's no doubt we've improved. But this "athletes" thing is tiresome. Yeah, they had a much better secondary than most teams we'll see (and ours), but we have the horses to win in the trenches, or at least be very competitive. Not my problem that running is boring. It's a strength and we should've used it more.

Reaction Score
Agreed, but Armstrong can’t throw and we did nothing to stop him from running. Aside from that, our runs up the middle worked, but we kept running outside and doing trick plays. Our OL is our best feature, trust it.
It was an odd choice. Against a 3-man front it's what you do, run up the middle.

Reaction Score
NC state was a winnable game for the Huskies at home that’s what I saw. Need to beat Georgia State!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom