OT: NBA Playoffs | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Really great time of year. Even if I find myself zoning out for much of the 82-game regular season, the playoffs never seem to disappoint. Lot of drama has unfolded this past week.

Golden State
Curry out another two weeks. Could have spelled potential doom for the heavy favorites, but they've got a great matchup with the Rockets who just flat out stink. I know they came back from down 3-1 last year, but that was against the league's other stink show, the Clippers. They potentially get Curry back for the home stretch.

Clippers
Speaking of the Clippers ... what a wild 24 hours for them. The NBA Gods giveth and the NBA Gods taketh. What looked like a potential opening for a team that has been clamoring for a potential opening was squashed last night when Chris Paul broke his hand.

OKC/Mavs
Mark Cuban doing Mark Cuban things. Not sure if he thought he'd somehow get in the heads of the Thunder and Westbrook but there was no chance. UConn related side note: in the postgame after being asked about Cuban's comments, Westbrook and Durant answered a question about Charlie Villanueva lurking pre-game:

Celtics/Hawks
A series of runs. Thought the Celtics had Game 1 after storming back but ran out of steam. Atlanta is just a bad matchup for Boston - but it's good to see them make it a series. Losing Bradley was a big blow for them, not sure they have enough to win this one without him, especially if they keep giving up 15+ point runs.

Raptors/Pacers
The Raptors, the ultimate regular season team. As strong as they've been the past three years, they appear snake bitten when it comes to the playoffs. Granted they've had some tough first round matchups in Brooklyn, Washington and now and Indiana team that can either be great or awful on any given night. I still think the Raptors come away with this one and have a good potential matchup in Round 2.

Heat/Hornets
Home teams are holding serve, but this looked ugly early on. The Heat have been taking away Charlotte's perimeter game and subsequently killing them inside with Hassan Whiteside. They had a commanding 2-0 lead. And then the Hornet's started an all out assault with Walker and Lin. What a great game last night - Kemba had an 11-0 run to help put the game away. I'd love to see him advance but it's going to be a tough task. Also - Spoelstra proving himself to not be such a bad coach after all ... he's done a nice job since the Big 3 has broken up.

I still see it coming down to Spurs vs. Warriors in the West and Cavs vs. whoever else in the East but the first couple rounds of the playoffs never fail to entertain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom