OT- NBA players you were wrong about | The Boneyard

OT- NBA players you were wrong about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
JJ Redick is at the top of the list, I didn't think he would do anything in the league and he has become a very good NBA player. I give him a lot of credit for working extremely hard to diversify his game. Miles Plumlee and Josh McRoberts are two more that come to mind, it's amazing how little they did at Duke.

Reaction Score
Joakim Noah wins and it's not even a contest. No one thought he would stick in the league. What did he finish, third or fourth in MVP voting?
No one thought he would stick in the league? He's definitely better than I thought but I knew he would stick in the league. Michael Jordan wasn't the only one who thought Adam Morrison would be really good.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
No one thought he would stick in the league? He's definitely better than I thought but I knew he would stick in the league. Michael Jordan wasn't the only one who thought Adam Morrison would be really good.

Maybe 'stick in the league' was strong, but he had no outside shot, land a limited post up game. He was a motor guy in college who many didn't think would be where he is today.

Reaction Score
Michael carter Williams .... Even though he plays on the worst team in nba history I watched him play a lot at cuse and given their record of underachieving players along with his seemingly lackluster speed and high dribble I never thought he would be as successful as he has been..

Noah is awesome and I have almost never had such a change of heart for a player then With him.. I hated him at Florida and now he is one of my favs..
I have a hunch our man bazz may surprise some of us!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mots010 said:
Maybe 'stick in the league' was strong, but he had no outside shot, land a limited post up game. He was a motor guy in college who many didn't think would be where he is today.

He was a lottery pick.

Reaction Score

He still really has no outside shot (although it's better) and a limited post up game.. defense, rebounding, toughness, relentless effort, and a great understanding of the game on the offensive end that compensates for his limited skill level. He's one of the few guys that can control a game without scoring 20 points

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Eric Snow ended up being better than I ever expected him to be.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it, but I still can't believe Thabeet is as big a bust as he is or that he's actually still in the league. Awesome guy though none the less.

Reaction Score
Thabeet is not a bust. GMs will always have a spot for a plus 7 footer in their arsenal. Those guys are the lefty relievers in MLB who stick around for ages because they can get leftys out. Randy Choate 13 year vet has been in 540 games, won 13,never pitched more than 50 innings in any year. Now 39 yrs. old.

Reaction Score
Thabeet is not a bust. GMs will always have a spot for a plus 7 footer in their arsenal. Those guys are the lefty relievers in MLB who stick around for ages because they can get leftys out. Randy Choate 13 year vet has been in 540 games, won 13,never pitched more than 50 innings in any year. Now 39 yrs. old.
But was Mr. Choate the #2 Draft pick?

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Better than I thought - Jimmy Butler, Noah , Roy Hibbert ( I guess) , Lance Stephenson.

Reaction Score

He's a bust. No two ways about it.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Wes Matthews yet.

Reaction Score

Thabeet is a bust in every imaginable sense of the word, and nobody is using Thabeet in certain situations or for matchup purposes, he's firmly planted on the bench.

Reaction Score
Anytime the #2 pick has career averages of 2 points and 3 rebounds a game, that's a bust, especially for a 7-footer. No matter how long he plays, he'll always have that label.

Reaction Score
Chandler Parsons, Kevin Love, Grevis Vazquez, Steve Blake.

I hear Kevin Love all the time. Did people really think that? Wide bodied, 6'10, bruiser in the paint, rebounding machine with post skills and a professional pedigree? UCLA star? McDonald's AA? Top 5 recruit?

Is it cause he's white?

Reaction Score
Rondo. Thought Marcus would be a better pro.

Agreed, he's definitely exceeded expectations; and I thought Marcus would be way better. I remember being very angry the Knicks didn't take him; but I mean how do you pass on Renaldo Balkman? Thanks Isiah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom