OT: NBA Pacers vs Heat - who you got? | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Pacers vs Heat - who you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It looks like the planets have aligned for an entertaining series. I think the Spurs are the only team that can handle the Heat this year in a series. I could be wrong but I would think that the Heat would have rather played OKC (2 man team).

I just might watch the Finals this year to see if the Spurs can correct last year's Ray Allen dagger. Tim Duncan is amazing, just amazing. Their bench is solid as well, but the Heat are two time Champions.

Spurs in 7!

Reaction Score
I was confused, since you have Pacers vs Heat in the title.

But I think you're right. The Spurs should have beaten the Heat last year. If Parker is healthy, they'll be able to better exploit the fact that the Heat's bench is as thin as the Thunder's. LeBron is better than Durant, but Wade is not as consistent as Westbrook anymore. But, if you're the Heat, the Thunder are a better matchup. Hell, they beat the Thunder in 5 two years ago, and needed one of the greatest shots ever not to lose 4-2 to the Spurs last year...and, while Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka all got better, the 2012 Thunder had Harden off the bench. I think the Heat would have beaten the Thunder in 5 or 6, but really have commanded that series.

I think it wil be tough, but I think the Spurs win. If it were 2-3-2, I'd pick the Spurs in 6. Since it is 2-2-1-1-1, I think there's a good chance this goes to 7.

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
I'll be rooting for Miami, I think they'll win too.

Reaction Score
I like the title of the thread especially since I had read that the Pacers were going to "crush" the Heat in some other NBA thread here. This is going to be a really good series between two really professional teams as opposed to having to watch that band of frauds from Indy. I'm not sure about the Miami bench being "as thin as the Thunder's" though. Birdman, Allen and Cole are pretty good guys to roll out. The real wild card is Battier and Lewis (I NEVER imagined I would be saying that). If those guys are playing defense and hitting their shots, how the hell does anyone beat Miami? Anyway, I can easily see this thing coming down to a last game, last couple of minutes series. I THINK Miami will win, but I certainly won't be surprised in the Spurs find a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom