ot: NBA Finals. Championship Game. Predictions? | The Boneyard

ot: NBA Finals. Championship Game. Predictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Sunday, June 19, Cleveland vs. Golden State. Winner takes all.

My early prediction (Warriors in six) went into the coulda-shoulda-woulda bin as Kyrie Irving has been reenacting Clark Kent's dramatic emergence from a phone booth.

Poor Cleveland has experienced more excitement from its river afire than hoisting championship banners (most recent: 1964!). I would love to see its citizens rewarded with something other than the July Republican Convention.

Call it stupidity for ignoring the Cavs' momentum or just plain stubbornness but I will stick with the defending champs, playing at home.

Golden State in a nail-biter, 110-105.

Reaction Score
I am thinking Cleveland has the momentum but I will be rooting for Golden State. Love to hear Lebron's excuses.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Now that it has reached game seven at Golden State, GS will have refs on their side and they probably have enough to eke out a victory, esp. if Irving is not 100%. But it will be interesting to see how Cleveland deals with Harrison Barnes - I would leave him wide open and dare him to fire away. If he has another ofer, GS in trouble.

Wonder what the over/under is on Kevin Love`s minutes. I would put it at 12.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Go Golden State. I don't, however, watch. In fact, have a James Taylor concert tonight. Never seen him, catching him while he is still performing.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
GS in a runway win by +20 points. Curry will get 30+ points.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The Cavs won, led by LeBron James (triple-double and a super block at deep crunch time. I have a daughter in Cleveland who told me that the atmosphere there has been electric. Clevelanders have endured 54 years of futility from their always disappointing, often downright pathetic, professional sports teams. We can now expect the citizens there to have one helluva celebration. I'm happy for them.:)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The Cavs won, led by LeBron James (triple-double and a super block at deep crunch time. I have a daughter in Cleveland who told me that the atmosphere there has been electric. Clevelanders have endured 54 years of futility from their always disappointing, often downright pathetic, professional sports teams. We can now expect the citizens there to have one helluva celebration. I'm happy for them.:)

I'm also very happy for the Cavs and, most of all, for Cleveland. Many people have antipathy toward LeBron, which I don't fully understand. Many people devalue the championships he won at Miami due to the engineered nature of their roster. This championship will, no doubt, vault him up to an even higher layer of the stratosphere.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
gsw.jpg

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sunday, June 19, Cleveland vs. Golden State. Winner takes all.

My early prediction (Warriors in six) went into the coulda-shoulda-woulda bin as Kyrie Irving has been reenacting Clark Kent's dramatic emergence from a phone booth.

Poor Cleveland has experienced more excitement from its river afire than hoisting championship banners (most recent: 1964!). I would love to see its citizens rewarded with something other than the July Republican Convention.

Call it stupidity for ignoring the Cavs' momentum or just plain stubbornness but I will stick with the defending champs, playing at home.

Golden State in a nail-biter, 110-105.
sorry-wrong-answer.jpg

Reaction Score
Kiah and Swin were ecstatic with this result based on their Twitter feeds. As a fellow craftsperson, I bet Kiah appreciated that block. ;) (Stewie too)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That was very compelling basketball, so many plots and subplots. Something not common to NBA basketball recently. My favorites: 1) 6'10" Kevin Love isolated against Steph Curry and Love on sheer effort denied Curry's drive and step back attempt three different times. 2) The way the Cavs consistently exploited Curry on Defense in the last three games right up until the series deciding basket by Kyrie Irving. The design of the play was brilliant because Curry had no choice but to switch on to Kyrie. 3) Lebron's block was positively Stewie like the Block against Rutgers.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
What? The NBA had a finals? Who knew?

Millions of viewers found the game to be riveting, including many like me who normally seek other programming during the marathon NBA season.

Millions of others were caught up with the US Open. There are also devotees of NASCAR. the NHL or major tennis events. And, yes, even the WNBA!:D

Enthusiasts of these sports are vast in numbers and not mere dummies. No need to make snarky remarks about any pro sport just because you don't care for it.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
well said Kib... I have no clue why they even waste their time replying, childish to me.

NYU as well

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

While at first glance, this is funny (to me). I appreciate that type of humor. I realize others may find this tacky and inappropriate. On second glance, somebody has way too much time on their hands. Congratulations to the Cavaliers and the city of Cleveland. This was a long time coming. LeBron has cemented his place not only in franchise history, but in NBA lore as well.

All the LeBron haters can relax now. LeBron did what he said he was going to do. If he didn't already own Cleveland, he does now. You think he'll be able to go into any restaurant with his family in Cleveland or Akron and have to wait in line, or pay for a meal?

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
While at first glance, this is funny (to me). I appreciate that type of humor. I realize others may find this tacky and inappropriate. On second glance, somebody has way too much time on their hands.
you do know I don't care what others "may find"... there are thousands of "Crying Jordan" on the Internet covering every hot topic

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
you do know I don't care what others "may find"... there are thousands of "Crying Jordan" on the Internet covering every hot topic

I know. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Millions of viewers found the game to be riveting, including many like me who normally seek other programming during the marathon NBA season.

Millions of others were caught up with the US Open. There are also devotees of NASCAR. the NHL or major tennis events. And, yes, even the WNBA!:D

Enthusiasts of these sports are vast in numbers and not mere dummies. No need to make snarky remarks about any pro sport just because you don't care for it.

Snark? Hardly. I, like many others in here detest what the NBA has devolved into and exercised the right to comment on it.

Reaction Score
Snark? Hardly. I, like many others in here detest what the NBA has devolved into and exercised the right to comment on it.

Exactly what has the NBA devolved into? Vague statement that doesn't make any sense. NBA and especially the players on these two teams are world class athletes who have played their hearts out. Extremely entertaining basketball.

You can have a difference opinion in that the style of basketball might not be to your suiting (i.e they don't play like our uconn women), but can't question quality and effort on display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom