Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
give me a slice (or two) of Sweet Potato Pie

1548245995628.png

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
give me a slice (or two) of Sweet Potato Pie

I second your gastronomic emotion! My best pie experience was in California. I and a friend were attending a two week class. On a Sunday we drove everywhere from Santa Clara to Santa Cruz to Monterey to Carmel, etc. About 4 PM we realized we had not eaten and like Cassius we had a lean and hungry look. We found a pie place with some ludicrous number of different pies. We had the server cut each slice in half. We ate our way through 19 slices of different pies. It was glorious. We left no longer with a lean and hungry look.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'll be merging the Pie Day with Southern Food Day celebrations in a bit, by having some buttermilk pie. Yum.

Reaction Score
You can't beat a good strawberry rhubarb pie!
If anybody ends up in Albany ——Grandma’s Pies and Restraunt ——huge massive list of pies —-on Central about 15 mins from the Wolf Rd hotels.

You can eat pie all night and not try them all —- it’s pie heaven

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I mentioned this in the Christmas food thread last month, but I'd be remiss if I failed to mention my all-time favorite pie in this thread: the black bottom pie, a Southern classic that's way too difficult to find. My grandma in south Texas was an absolute master of it.

Black Bottom Pie

Note: My grandma did not use the rum :)

1548382088546.png

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Not sure if I would like that.

As to liquor in pies - my grandmother was famously generous in her mince pie. My mother, not so much.

My wife is "no liquor" with her new liver (as she was with her old one for many years) which is difficult because it is added to some unexpected foods. I don't drink, but I don't avoid foods which contain it as she must.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If anybody ends up in Albany ——Grandma’s Pies and Restraunt ——huge massive list of pies —-on Central about 15 mins from the Wolf Rd hotels.

You can eat pie all night and not try them all —- it’s pie heaven

Your post reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when they were headed to upstate NY :p

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I mentioned this in the Christmas food thread last month, but I'd be remiss if I failed to mention my all-time favorite pie in this thread: the black bottom pie, a Southern classic that's way too difficult to find. My grandma in south Texas was an absolute master of it.

Black Bottom Pie

Note: My grandma did not use the rum :)

View attachment 38699

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I second your gastronomic emotion! My best pie experience was in California. I and a friend were attending a two week class. On a Sunday we drove everywhere from Santa Clara to Santa Cruz to Monterey to Carmel, etc. About 4 PM we realized we had not eaten and like Cassius we had a lean and hungry look. We found a pie place with some ludicrous number of different pies. We had the server cut each slice in half. We ate our way through 19 slices of different pies. It was glorious. We left no longer with a lean and hungry look.
You should have had a Caesar salad! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom