OT: National Ice Cream Day | The Boneyard

OT: National Ice Cream Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Hey! It's National Ice Cream Day today - who knew??!!?? I am always up for a big bowl of ice cream - my current favorite is Häagen-Dazs Vanilla Ice Cream with chocolate syrup and covered with granola!

What's yours?

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
Hmm... I'd have to go with either:

Whitey's Sgt. Camo (think "s'mores") or else Hy-Vee brownie batter.

Reaction Score
My childhood favorite which still holds true today: Sundae with Baskin Robbins Rocky Road, marshmallow topping, whipped cream nuts and a cherry on top.

Reaction Score
A mix of coffee and chocolate that is just a little bit soft so I can mix them. :)

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
Turkey Hill Cherry Vanilla........... as it is.

Aww... I miss Turkey Hill. My mom sometimes gets some when I visit her.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I didnt realize today was national ice cream day until this thread..... I had already eaten three ice cream sandwiches earlier today... so I felt compelled to round it out and eat a 4th to celebrate this great day.

My favorite ice cream related dish is the Pound Cake Sundae at Mayberry's Ice Cream.. a small local chain in NC. Anyway... they take a thick piece of pound cake..... spread butter on both sides... and put it under a steam press ?? for a few seconds to warm it up. You get to choose the ice cream flavor.... I prefer mint chocolate chip... and they put a few scoops on the warm pound cake... and top it off with hot fudge, cherries, whipped cream... and chopped walnuts ...

it tastes so wonderful.... makes you wanna just dance afterwards

Reaction Score
When I was a child in Southern Calfornia, birthdays were not complete without a trip to Farrell's. They had this birthday sundae that was enormous. I think it was a "party" sundae and while I never had a birthday party at Farrell's, I was there on enough birthdays to see other kids get one. As I remember it today, in my child's eye, my stomach hurts just thinking about it. Must have been like 15 scoops of ice cream, tons of whipped cream and toppings. I wonder if Farrell's is still around?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Hood's Maple Walnut... or Friendly's Reese's Peanut Butter Cup w/brownie Sundae

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads