OT - Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Induction | The Boneyard

OT - Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Induction

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAmerRedHeads

Barnstorming America author
Reaction Score
hof induction on stage.jpg

Once on your bucket list, do the induction at Naismith and prior reception. It far exceeded my wildest dreams.

The All American Red Heads became the first womens basketball team ever inducted on Friday. Above is a picture I took when we were on stage. The crowd standing includes Jordan, Cousey, Magic, Bird, Blaze, Stringer, Cooper, Conradt, Havlicheck, Kareem, Lebron and on and on...

The New York times only chose to do a story on 1 inductee this year. It was the Red Heads.

Take a read if you like.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/09/s...-their-do-in-hall-of-fame.html?pagewanted=all

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Congrats to the Red Heads for the long overdue recognition and honor.

And congrats to you, John, for being one of the main proponents for them.

H

Husk-E

I watched the ceremonies and they were wonderful. They made such a huge impact on women's basketball as a whole, and they were truly great people. Congrats to all the AllAmericanRedHeads out there on what was truly something great, and this award was long overdue.

Reaction Score
Am I among the minority in the belief that Ralph Sampson has no business being in the Hall of Fame?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Many congratulations on the experience. We would have liked to have gone to Vivian's induction, but the prices were out of reach. One of her friends did give us a memento from the occasion, and we were graciously comped for HOF /museum admission a couple of weeks later, as well as receiving a copy of the (sold out) induction program as my wife had produced one of the ads in it. A very cool place, and great to see the increasing recognition of women's basketball, including now your All American Red Heads.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Congrats John, wish I could have been there.

When can we buy your book?

AllAmerRedHeads

Reaction Score
Phil, so hard to put into words to watch these women take the stage. They are my hero's, my friends.

Our goal on the book is next March. Induction has put some pressure on us, but in a great way.

Anyone that has any contacts with a good book agent or publisher, would appreciate any contacts. Interest has gone up quite a bit. While I wish it had been finished sooner, looks like there has been a reason for it all.

Updated the web site and the overall story write-up. It you take a read, it will have much more of the style you will see in the book when it comes out.

www.allamericanredheads.com

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I sort of know a couple publishers. One just did a book, just received the 20 boxes the other day, but that was a swan song for him, as he is retiring. But I do have another possibility.

AllAmerRedHeads

Reaction Score
Spent some time with Coach Stringer. I did an exhibit at FF in Boston. She actually remembered me and gave me a big hug. She maybe tuff on the court, but very gracious and humble in person.

Phil, always looking for any possibilities for us to follow. We do have a couple interested already but want to weigh all options. Thanks for any help/info you may come across.

I am still unwinding. Got players to sign about 1,000 original 8x10 pictures from 60s and 70s. lots to put away

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Spent some time with Coach Stringer. I did an exhibit at FF in Boston. She actually remembered me and gave me a big hug. She maybe tuff on the court, but very gracious and humble in person.

That's great. I remember how moved she was by the exhibit in Boston.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I just read in my hometown's local paper that Joni Phillips, a fellow high school graduate from hometown was a member of the Red Heads. VERY NICE!

AllAmerRedHeads

Reaction Score
I know Joni. She was up in Naismith. Last year brought her Dad to Knoxville when they were honored at the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.

Is that article online? Would like to link it to the Red Heads web site for Joni

AllAmerRedHeads

Reaction Score
thanks, no matter how I try to search and get to it, it is blocked

AllAmerRedHeads

Reaction Score
with a lot of work and a little luck I am hoping to see Joni and many other AARH's in March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom