OT: My deep appreciation to. . . | The Boneyard

OT: My deep appreciation to. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . those who made my day so very special yesterday.

First, Andrew and his lovely family (all the way from Alaska!) who helped me transition from SUV to wheelchair. Special thanks to son Adam for doing the heavy lifting.

During the game I renewed friendships with BYers 4ontheT and AbelBachelor -- and CTYankee.

When departing, I met a brother paratrooper (now inactive) who boosted me back into our SUV with a couple B'port cops lending a hand.

And Oh, BTW, thanks to those pirhanas wearing UConn jerseys.;)

Reaction Score
So glad you were able to be there & enjoy the pirhanas in action!! :)

Sorry I didn't get the chance to meet you, I was mostly in hiding trying to keep my bum wing from getting crushed ;)

Reaction Score
. . . those who made my day so very special yesterday.

First, Andrew and his lovely family (all the way from Alaska!) who helped me transition from SUV to wheelchair. Special thanks to son Adam for doing the heavy lifting.

During the game I renewed friendships with BYers 4ontheT and AbelBachelor -- and CTYankee.

When departing, I met a brother paratrooper (now inactive) who boosted me back into our SUV with a couple B'port cops lending a hand.

And Oh, BTW, thanks to those pirhanas wearing UConn jerseys.;)
Perhaps a twitch younger; only semi-retired. 2 years ago the fates decreed that I no longer work full-time and (mischievous buggers) deposited me in Kansas City. Plan to go back to New England next year. But two surprising and wonderful things have happened. First, is the arrival of a grandchild...never thought it would happen and it's simply magical. Second, is the part-time job working as a receptionist/concierge at a retirement facility. I spend time with old folks...and love it. Most are truly appreciative of simple acts of kindness and can knock one's socks off with great conversation. My favorite group is the "Roundtable" of guys who are all in their 80s & 90s and are big sports fans. Guess what team they now follow ?

How surprisingly cool...I enjoy helping them as much as they appreciate being helped. And then I go help my 1 year old grandson. Grandson wobbles when walking. So do some of them. I get to help in both cases. He smiles appreciatively; so do they. The little tyke is learning the Husky fight song; so are they.

Brief, simple actions that help others and benefit helper and helpee. Like when Geno's players help each other !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom