OT: Moving to Georgia | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Moving to Georgia

Reaction Score
Hello all, just an update for all that took the time to comment on this; my wife and I have successfully settled in Inman Park near Krog Street Market and have found work.

Any further recommendations for food etc would be appreciated. We just got back from dinner at New Realm Brewery on the beltline; I thought it was really good.

Reaction Score
Hello all, just an update for all that took the time to comment on this; my wife and I have successfully settled in Inman Park near Krog Street Market and have found work.

Any further recommendations for food etc would be appreciated. We just got back from dinner at New Realm Brewery on the beltline; I thought it was really good.
Best wishes.

Reaction Score

The Optimist in Atlanta has tremendous seafood.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would recommend East of Atlanta, Gainsville is on Lake Lanier. Great area, or Dawsonville northeast of Atlanta (home of Awesome Bill from Dawsonville, NASCAR great Bill Elliott and Chase)

If in Atlanta, try Atlanta's version of Augie and Ray's, the Varsity.

Just saw this.

Augie and Ray’s is a tiny little place.

The Varsity is one of the busiest restaurants in the world. I believe they sell more Coke than any other restaurant outlet on the planet.

Other than both sell food these two places have literally zero in common.

Where do these crazy ideas come from.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Stay %%%k away from Ft. Benning. That place sucks.

Reaction Score
The traffic in Metro Atlantic can not be overstated. It is like LA. That isn't a compliment. Other than that, Atlanta is great. Great homes, food, weather (most of the time), and social options.

Reaction Score
Hello All:

My wife and I are moving to Georgia.

As some of you know, my wife is from Georgia and went to UGA.

We're looking at either Atlanta or Athens.

I know there are some Boneyarders who either live, or have connections to, the area.

Anything you'd like to share about real estate/jobs/culture etc. I'd love to hear it.

-Guapo
Athens is a great town. I almost retired there, but chose Greenville County. Great College Town. Close to everything.

Reaction Score
Athens is a great town. I almost retired there, but chose Greenville County. Great College Town. Close to everything.

Thanks!

We ended up in Atlanta; but we were married in Athens, it is an amazing place.

Luckily my in-laws have a place there so we are planning on spending many a weekend out there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom