OT: Moving to Georgia | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Moving to Georgia

Reaction Score
Haven't had Urban Pie. Looks like I have some new spots to check out when I get on my feet again. Had ankle surgery two weeks ago. Two more weeks and I'll be able to walk in this boot. It's unfortunate what happened to Ammazza, hopefully it comes back from the ashes. Good spot. O4W Pizzeria Ammazza Temporarily Closes After Car Plows Into the Building
You know the grandma pie is coming back to the hood soon!
Bass you can do better then fell
I don't start work till next Monday, so I'll be doing a lot of wondering around!
PM me if you would like my cell- if not my studio is attached to the lot with the shipping containers behind Revolution doughnuts- just yell "boneyard" so I have enough time to hide!

Reaction Score
You know the grandma pie is coming back to the hood soon!
Bass you can do better then fell

PM me if you would like my cell- if not my studio is attached to the lot with the shipping containers behind Revolution doughnuts- just yell "boneyard" so I have enough time to hide!

Actually I just happened to walk by revolution donuts. Seems like a cool place.

Reaction Score
Hello all, just an update for all that took the time to comment and reach out; my wife and I have successfully settled in Inman Park near Krog Street Market and have found work.

Any further recommendations for food etc would be appreciated. We just got back from dinner at New Realm Brewery on the beltline; I thought it was really good
Welcome to ATl! Great pick for location. I miss living in that area but still visit there st least once a week to get my fix. My wife and I like the sushi place in Kreig Street Market, makinono snd Richards Southern Fried chicken is one of the better chicken places I ate in Atlanta. Really anything in Kreig Streer Market is worth it. I haven’t found on place in Ponce Ciry Market worth going to yet. Have you tried Barcelona? They have one in West Hartford center too. It is a nice tapas place. I would also try Venkman’s on Ralph McGill as they have live music as well as food. Right across the street is Bantam Pub which has more than just normal bar food and is really nice.

Reaction Score
Actually I just happened to walk by revolution donuts. Seems like a cool place.
They are decent. Lots of vegan donuts but they are so expensive. I rather get my donut fix at Kroger Bakery if I really need one. Lol!

Reaction Score
Welcome to ATl! Great pick for location. I miss living in that area but still visit there st least once a week to get my fix. My wife and I like the sushi place in Kreig Street Market, makinono snd Richards Southern Fried chicken is one of the better chicken places I ate in Atlanta. Really anything in Kreig Streer Market is worth it. I haven’t found on place in Ponce Ciry Market worth going to yet. Have you tried Barcelona? They have one in West Hartford center too. It is a nice tapas place. I would also try Venkman’s on Ralph McGill as they have live music as well as food. Right across the street is Bantam Pub which has more than just normal bar food and is really nice.

Yes, the Barcelona in West Hartford is actually the original and I believe that one of the people involved in founding/running it is a UConn alum.

Reaction Score
Lived in Acworth before moving back to NH. Traffic was crazy on Hwy 41 before I left. Bumper-to-bumper on sat mornings. Highly recommend Red Peppers restaurant if the are still there in Acworth.
I have lived in Acworth for 9 months now. #UCONN #COBBCOUNTY

Reaction Score
Hi there- welcome to to hood! I live in the old converted schoolhouse about a half block from Krog Market.
The beltline right near your location is about to add about 15 new bars and restaurants over the next few months. Should be fun.
Rathbun Steak- great steakhouse $$$$
Staplehouse- won best new restaurant in country last year ( bon appetite )
MF sushi,
Barcelona,
bread and butterfly,
Miso- Japanese small plates
Folk Art- reasonable comfort food
Grindhouse burgers
Krog bar Spanish top as
If you need me please feel free to PM me- been here a while and I'm an OG in Inman Park.
Love Grindhouse and Folk Art, don't get me started on food.

Reaction Score
Traffic is still crazy. Red Pepper closed...did you ever eat at Harry's while living in Acworth?
Actually, Not sure, name sounds familiar. Used to go to a breakfast place somewhere off old hwy 41. It had been there a while.
Sad to hear Red Peppers closed. I knew the family. They were terrific people. The owner/cook had several heart attacks, but kept on going. He was amazing. He was from Equador, and his mother-in-law from Cuba taught him how to cook.
I lived near the QT off 41 and Lake Acworth Dr. Do miss the nice weather in Oct and Nov. But we will trade the tornado sirens for the snow here. :) I bet the place has changed alot since I left. I certainly don’t miss all the traffic. ...once my truck shut off unexpectedly while going south in the middle of seven lanes going about 80 mph. Wow, was I nearly killed! Here, I just get aggravated when my neighbor shoots his gun too much at a 50-gallon drum...lol

Reaction Score
Marietta native here. If you have a choice, I would definitely lean toward Athens. That keeps you away from the traffic mess. You can’t even go anywhere on a weekend fast. A really awesome town out that way is Madison, closer to I-20...small town but close enough to the big city. You obviously know the people and culture if you’re married to one. Down to earth, laid-back and friendly except when in the car. I recommend picking up a tennis racket if your subdivision has courts...ALTA is a blast on weekends...a little exercise and then a little more beer before Noon.

The one thing that I missed growing up down there was a sense of community. Whether it was in CT or PA now...I love the 4th of July parades, Halloween parade, small town events that I give my kids up here. As an example, I went to a high school that had 3,000 students...my class had 800. I didn’t know half of my graduating class. So, if you can find a great niche that avoids the congestion, I’d recommend it. But, really, it depends on your current life stage...kids, no kids, etc.

You’ll absolutely love the access to anything and everything - from restaurants to concerts and such. And you’ll love the longer daylight hours...it is further West and pushes the edge of the Eastern timeline...the sun is out until 10 in the Summer. And the weather in the fall, winter and spring is pretty awesome.

Enjoy!
You have me sold. Its a place im going to consider when i decide to leave crappy ct.

Reaction Score
Passed someone wearing a UConn shirt on the beltline today.

Was that one of **y'all**?

Reaction Score
Passed someone wearing a UConn shirt on the beltline today.

Was that one of **y'all**?
Nope but I will be wearing something UConn at this weekends BBQ & Bourbon Festival at Atlantic Station.
(hey it's festival season)

Reaction Score
Have to make this an official Boneyard thread:

Just had my first pie down here, at Varuni Napoli.

I was pleasantly surprised.

The crust was perfect. The pizza was maybe a little on the soggy side but overall they got more right than they got wrong.

Certainly better than just about anything I had in DC.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
You probably could throw a random stone and hit Scot-e in the head. Was just down there yesterday for an Inman Park party. You'll be happy. Welcome to ATL.

Do they still parade around the Trash Queen at the IP Festival? I have a friend that used to lived on the NE corner of Euclid and Austin (had a mannequin dressed as a cop in the front window) and we'd head down every year for fest. Good times...

Was just at Aisle 5 last Friday night.

Reaction Score
Do they still parade around the Trash Queen at the IP Festival? I have a friend that used to lived on the NE corner of Euclid and Austin (had a mannequin dressed as a cop in the front window) and we'd head down every year for fest. Good times...

Was just at Aisle 5 last Friday night.
Hmm, don't know. I didn't spend much time at the fest. I was at my buddy's party then stubled over to Scot-e's. It's a great event though!

Candler Park concert is a lot of fun, that is a month away. Not sure if anyone is going to that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom