OT: Most Exciting College Football Game Ever? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Most Exciting College Football Game Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey Kicker, thanks for the trip down memory lane. You've mentioned some names I haven't heard in 40 years. Why don't you get off the fence about your feelings/stance on the Big 10, and tell us how you really feel? :rolleyes:

I lived in Oklahoma a couple of times---. The last time the football team seemed to have some legal problems with women every few weeks. A story floated around OKC that the OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL team was on the HONOR system---yes your honor, no your honor...

Reaction Score
More depressing, 1971 was 45 years ago. I don't remember Fairbanks (at least in an OU context), but I do remember Devaney at Nebraska. That said, I wasn't watching that much football in those days, not only because there were a lot less games to watch, but also my father wasn't that much of a football watcher. Not against it, just not what was on unless I put it on.

I have to also add that I don't remember games the way some of you do. Even WBB - I remember a few games, but couldn't give you details and year in most cases. Football, no way.

As to exciting games, in Rich Rod's first year here at AZ, in the bowl game (New Mexico Bowl) we had an unbelievable comeback and win. Gave up a field goal to fall behind 48-35 with 1:48 left and no time-outs. Scored touchdowns at 42 seconds and 19 seconds to win. Best game in which I had a rooting interest. I did have to look up the details.

A fan after my own heart---I watch games to enjoy them, remember a tiny bit of details--read the stats for the moment of the game--then, on to the next game and next top player on Uconn WBB.
As a former on site UConn BB fan, I love the game and the atmosphere, especially with a large crowd of Students (of both teams) in attendance--TV gives me a bit of that. I respect those that can find the stats in 30 seconds --but I personally have no desire to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS
Top Bottom