OT: Monty Williams fired by Pelicans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Monty Williams fired by Pelicans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has he? That's a sincere question. We hear all kinds of chatter about Cal trying his hand in the NBA again, but nobody has explained to me why NBA teams are going to be knocking down the door to sign him unless maybe they're trying to entice one of his former players.
I have to believe that he's been offered good jobs. He was almost certainly offered the Laker job (which is a much better job than people make it out to be...it's a great market and they're a 1 year turnaround once Kobe comes off the books).

The Cavs probably made him an offer as well when they were trying to draw Lebron. I have a hard time believing Blatt was their first choice.

Reaction Score
Cal was definitely offered the Cavs job last year, pre Lebron. Probably the Lakers too. These were not good jobs. I think he will coach the Cavs next year.

Reaction Score
It is easy and obvious to assume he would be interested given the UK connections, but if he goes back he is gonna take a higher profile job.

Reaction Score
If Calipari really wanted to go to the NBA, he's had multiple opportunities to do that in the last couple years in much better markets / with much better teams than New Orleans.
NO is very young and very talented. In 5 years they will be one of the best teams in the league. Its a great situation for any coach to go to. If its offered to Cal i believe he takes it. Honestly he`d be an idiot to not consider it. Thibs is a bad fit for NO and i dont think theyll be looking at him seriously.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't necessarily stop him from going to the NBA, but damn that's a lot of money:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom