OT. Montreal info anyone | The Boneyard

OT. Montreal info anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We and friends are looking to rent an apartment for a vacation in Montreal but have no idea what locations are best and which are worst for trying to be walkable to most desirable sightseeing and dining. Any suggestions appreciated.

Reaction Score
I would stay downtown. Look around Dorchester Square. This is the most convenient space since it is walkwable to the Old Port and also Place Jacques Cartier and Old Montreal (lots of restaurants and bars) but then north of downtown and around Dorchester is where most Montrealers go, more modern. Especially Boulevard St. Laurent which has a festival of one sort or another every weekend in the summer and becomes closed off to cars.

I would stay in between the tourist areas (Place Jacques Cartier and Old Port) and the modern neighborhoods around St. Laurent.

Reaction Score
I'm in Montreal right now at the Jazz festival. I would suggest staying near Old Montreal if this is your first time time to Montreal. There is a lot to see and do.

The city has one the easier Metro (subway) systems to use. Also lots of taxis as well as Uber. Some the other things to see are the Centre-Ville (downtown). Make a stop at Cresent street lots of bars. Check out the Underground city. The Latin Quarter has a ton of great restaurants and is a great neighborhood. Little Italy is another great neighborhood.

If you are feeling adventurous, Mont-Royal is the mountain that you can see in the city I believe there are stairs that go to the top.

Montreal is known as the city of festivals so you can probably find that there something going somewhere in the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom